PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

Shop Girl

Joe Tyler, stop copying and pasting from other website, come up with your own list, you moron.

Jemima Puddleduck

Now that Rosie has been replaced it is PAST time to get rid of this stupid bit** too.

Sillyme

God made animals
He cooked and ate animals and told us it is okay to do it, what kind and why not for the others.
People eat meat.. It's good for you.
Get over it.

WTF?

All you people moaning about the 'poor chicken' .... do you EAT chicken? It didn't commit suicide to make it's way to your plate you know. Grow the F up.

Jeezlouise

She is the worst thing on that show. I don't get why they keep her. She's stupid and boring, never adds anything of any value to any topic, and her ignorance is only matched by her lack of compassion for anything that is not right wing. I wish her baby to grow up to be a flaming queen.

mylesfromca

Everybody here that are with PETA are very very stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! Come on idiots, we eat chicken everyday, idiots!!!! Too much!! too much!!

Joe Tyler

#90--Sorry if you don't like them. However, I do! I like passing on the wisdom of others!!!!

People
Eat
Tiny
Animals

Melissa B.

This woman is a disgrace to women everywhere.
A war monger, a bush monger, and now a cruelty monger.
Take her OFF - She's why I never watch anymore!!

JG

OK Haley, I have seen cows killed and I admit that it is
pretty awful. But I eat meat it has nutritional value. So if we need meat
how does PETA suggest we kill them humanly?
If your goal is to create a meat free world you should quit while you are even.

Jeezlouise

To Joe Tyler, #81:
Boy are you retarded. Say hi to Opie!

Dolly

Oh come on! Don't you people realize the chicken has to die so you can have your fried chicken dinners? My great grandma went out to the chicken yard every week and got a chicken and took it over to a tree stump where she kept the axe and whacked its head off, hung it upside down on the clothesline (where it flapped for awhile), defeathered it, cut it up, and served it to us for Sunday dinner. Guess what - someone has to kill the cows for your Big Macs too!

sarah

Please fire this stupid cow already she is a distration from the show and cant shut the hell up, go homeand take care of your babies please

St. Olof

Haley, you are misguided. Meat is for human consumption as it has been for thousands of years. Most of us no longer have to kill our own meals so we don't have to view it on a nightly basis. There is NOTHING wrong with eating meat. It was given to us by God. Are you an athiest or am I a crackpot because I belive in God?

thugaroo

I killed a dozen baby chicks out in the chicken house this morning.

There's 60,000 out there, if they are deformed or look sick, they gotta go.

They are freakin chickens, morons.

cha cha

Its one thing to eat meat *gag* IF you had NO choice or you would die.
But thats the great thing
we have other food choices that dont have beating hearts .
We are not the pilgrams with no choices.
We have LOTS of choices today.

I am very proud to say I dont eat murder victims!

MEAT IS MURDER!