Whoops!

Designer Claims Braxton Bounced a Check

8/6/2007 8:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0806_toni_braxton_ex-1The wardrobe designer who made costumes for Toni Braxton's Las Vegas show is suing the songstress, claiming she bounced a check for his designer duds. Un-break my bank account!

According to court papers filed on Friday, Anthony Franco was commissioned by Braxton and Liberty Entertainment, Inc. to design the entire wardrobe for Braxton's "Toni Revealed" show. Franco claims they agreed on a price of $35,000. Franco alleges that he received payment by check, which was returned for "insufficient funds." He then alleges the defendants put a stop payment on the check.

In the lawsuit, Franco claims he was eventually paid $20,000, but there is still a $15,000 balance. Braxton's show at the Flamingo Hotel began last August and is still going strong.

Calls to Toni Braxton's rep and attorney for comment were not immediately returned.

costaMesaboy

FINALLY ......A BLACK WOMEN WITH A CUTE FACE!!!...don imus & mike Vick 4 president!!

Ace

I'm surprised Amy Sedaris didn't bounce that check.

tired of cry baby

why would you call her reps? it' not like your the L.A. TIMES or a credible news source

Tangie

Ace, why are you always pushing Amy Sedaris? What is she doing? I never see her in anything. Wait, I take that back......I saw her the other day in Star mags worst dressed.

anonymous

Every body knows that she is broke, she hasn't had an album in years. CASH ONLY, from her broke a&*.

Yuck

Well I still admire her, she is raising a special needs child (autism) I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
You hang in there Toni!

Autism Awareness!!!!!

augelique

spider you suck and you are an idiot .

Kat

Why is TMZ.com even letting you bigoted pigs on its site? They remove posts that don't deserve to be deleted, and they let garbage like this stay.

Jenna

#8, (Don't Judge....) I am a single mother to an Autistic 15yo boy/teen. I know all too well how hard it can be to single-handedly raise a child without any help from anyone. His father passed away, my parents have passed, and I don't have much family left, or help from anyone. I have to do it on my own, and I must say, I haven't bounced a check since I was a teenager, about age 19, when I first got my checking account. I wasn't writing entries down, which will get you into trouble. Learned my lesson young and haven't bounced a check since. I find it hard to visualize a "millionaire" like Toni Braxton, ever bouncing a check! I know she filed for bankruptsy years ago, but she apparently is working now, according to this TMZ article..

Kat

My daughter is austistic, and I don't get any help either. She can say a few sentences, and she had been difficult to potty train. She is 5 now, and it has been an up going battle to try to reach her. Even a child is like having an infant.

keljolie

Just got back from Vegas. We saw her show and all I can say, while still being nice is, she didn't fully sing one sentence. Is her voice gone? You could only hear every fifth word when she was singing. The best singing came from an audience member she brought on stage. She used the audience a lot - she wore some beautiful clothes -- but I went to hear her sing. She didn't.

Kat

Insurance doesn't take care of many of her needs either. It can also be difficult when the tantrums start too. It can last for hours, so I can feel for you Sheryl.

Yuck

sheryl and katie,

Hang in there, I have two boys both autistic and I know the challenges, I'm just saying maybe she made a mistake, (truth be known she probably has people who write her checks and hasn't a clue as to what's up!) I just admire any parent who is raising special needs children!
unless you live it you can't truly understand it!
Hang is there ladies!
Have a nice evening and hugs to your angels

Autism Awareness

Tangie

Pay your damn bill, BIATCH!

Amy Silverman

They is discriminating against me-making me pay for stuff-Call Loser Sharpie or Jessie Jack Off!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments