'Big Brother' Shiksa

Shiksa Learns

Jews Have Jewish Names

8/8/2007 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to play!Relations between Israel and the "Big Brother" house are strained today, after a somewhat anti-Semitic rant from crybaby housemate Amber hit the Internet this week. Oy vey!

Where to begin, already? First of all, Amber said the majority of Jews she knows are "selfish." She then went on to say that her mom and sister explained to her that one can tell who is Jewish based on "their last name" and "by their nose." Gevalt! Amber then proceeded to tell a story about a selfish waitress she worked with who turned out to be ... wait for it ... Jewish! Didn't see that one coming! A shonda!

Jameka, who was on the receiving end of Amber's deep thoughts, reminded Amber that she shouldn't make blanket statements like that. "Yeah, you're right," Amber replied. "There is so much to think about." Most of which, it would seem, Amber has avoided thus far. Shmendrik.

William S. Paley, Ukrainian Jew, was largely responsible for the rise of the CBS network.

UPDATE: Abraham Foxman, National Director of the
Anti-Defamation League tells TMZ: "It's offensive. It's part of the unintended consequences of the communications revolution. Anybody can say what they do - but reality shows are now giving license to these expressions of anti-Semitism. Now, all of a sudden, the world is privy to their bigotry and it's on national television... then enhanced on YouTube. What they've done is distributed anti-Semitism -- which started as a private conversation -- and by putting it on a reality TV show broadcast it to the world at large. I want CBS to understand they are facilitating anti-Semitism. They should act responsibly to the community; they are legitimizing bigoted conversation."

UPDATE: CBS has issued the following statement:
"BIG BROTHER is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 - and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by Amber Siyavus on the live Internet feed to be offensive and they will not be part of any future broadcast on the CBS Television Network.

Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on BIG BROTHER 8, either on any live feed from the House or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

common sense

amber is an idiot, she herself has no morals. She has no class. Who is she to judge anyone else. Anyone who respects themselves would not put other people down because of religion, race or sexual preference. Peolple who work hard become sucsessful, their race/religion have nothing to do with it. The world seems to be jealous and afraid of blacks and jews.

Seriously

HARVEY, I LOVE YOU.........please do not be angry.. WHERE THE HELL IS JOSH LEVINE???? AND WHERE IS HATER NATION?????

Southern

I'm trying to figure out why Amber would go on a rant like that to a black girl, who you *know* has faced her own problems racism. I heard someone say that after a while you kinda forget the cameras are there ... and as stupid as that sounds, I'm guessing Amber kinda "forgot" she was on national television.

Jeezlouise

Jews are selfish? Never occured to me.

melissa

I can't believe how many anti-semitic comments I'm seeing. Every race, religion, and ethnic group is as wonderful and crappy as any other.

bobby baby

Amber should be flung out of the house with no vote cast. Have you ever met such a dysfunctional human being in your life. And right after her, Jameka shoud be flung out also. The two of them are such losers. I can't beieve it.

Borat

This chick is finished. I hope she plans on working at MCdonalds for the rest of her life. Its one thing to say those things annon but, go back to THE Apprentice I think one chick said something about old jewish ladies they were serving at the restaurant they opened. Not only did the DOnald fire her, her Job fired her when she went back. Dont mess with the most high and powerful. They truly do rule the world.

Love

So what!! This is ridiculous to make it a big news..so what if somebody said about somebody. Even people in that show talked about christians,..I don't see anybody raising a red flag.

Truth

Harvey Levin is a cool Jew- Most Jews are cool- they are educated good people. They are kind and generous people- if you don't like jews it's because you have never really gotten to know one. You just judge them on their big noses-

You are missing out on a great group of people. Get to really know the jewish people and you will love them. I have never met a Jew I didn't like.

Next Stop...Psych Ward

Gosh!

The way people are reacting, you would have have thought this girl had said 'kill Jews', or the like.

She was making comments and observations based on her upbringing.

Stop 'crucifying' her.....Oh, whoops, that's what happenned to Jesus, thanks to the Jews of the time.

Julia

our parents raise us to be go getters. You all seem so jealous. Maybe if your parents cared more about your education and instilled a strong work ethic then the bottle, then maybe you would've learned to take advantage of a country where the skys the limit.

April

Natasha, you sound like an idiot! Perhaps you should take a good look at your rantings before you label anyone else as racist.

Joeey

I watch Big Brother and get live feeds. A few of the contestants this year are just vile. You couldn't have picked a more disgusting lot.

Anyhow, I am glad that TMZ covered this. This woman's comments were absolutely disgusting and unnecessary. She was on her JEWISH HATE rant because she dislikes America's Player, Eric--and he is a New York Jew (btw, this is NOT her only rant about jews--she has gone on about them before--and she ragged New Yorkers)

matzoh ball

Hey, I'm Jewish and I'm wondering if I missed the phone call . . . because I don't run the media, I don't have any influence over foreign policy, and I really don't have a ton 'o money. Does anyone know where I sign up?

Janice