"Saturday Night Fever" Starlet Is Stayin' Alive

8/14/2007 3:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Disco may be dead but, believe it or not, John Travolta's "Saturday Night Fever" co-star isn't! More than a woman!
Karen Lynn Gorney
While the 1977 film made Travolta an international phenomenon, his female co-star, Karen Lynn Gorney (remembah huh?!), hustled off into obscurity. And that ain't no jive talkin'. Although disco duck John was a Scientolono-show, Karen, who played Tony Manero's dance partner, turned up at a special 30th Anniversary party for the dance classic in Manhattan on Monday. She finally made it out of Brooklyn!

While her career may have turned to dust, at least the 62-year-old is holding up better than Travolta's weave!

Go with the Flow!

FIRST! WHO THE HELL IS SHE?

dumpling

Has it really been 30 years??? God, I feel old. Still one of my most favorite movies.

Lein

This movie was just on over the weekend. Great flick! "I can walk you!" is one of my favorite lines.

dawn

Oh that last line was so cold. I always felt Stephanies role was a miscast, the rest of the casting was great but she was a plain looking boring woman and I think she looked to old for the role.

...

She looks great for 62! Good for her for comin' out for this event after 30 years.

I do agree with dawn, tho -- for some reason I always felt the casting was wrong. I never felt this actress was right for the part.

Sillyme

She was the worst actress ever!! I couldn't believe that she was hired to do that film or any film. She absolutely ruined it.. not that the film was great, it was memorial in it's disco era theme.. but this goofy woman was not a graceful dancer, or into her role. It might be that John tried his best to make her look good as she did so little to help him, that he excelled what might have been awful climax of winning.. She just wasn't into it, other than to be there.. Watch it again and see her gawky-could care less only with gun pointed to the head performance, and be amazed.

you are entitled to my opinion

her web page is so sad and desperate. authentic autographed merchandise? sheese

dawn

She was on All My Children when she got the role, everyone always talks about sophia coppolla as the worst cast but I think this was

Glisten Garbor

What happened to that other chick that was in Saturday Night Fever?

Glisten Garbor

Casting was off on that movie..There ya got Fran Drescher aka The Nanny with a teeny part and Karen Lynn Gorney (no offense but she was lousy) get's the lead..That guy that played Double J was really good..He should have been a big star!

Sabrina

In my humble opinion, I loved the movie but Gorney couldn't dance and her acting was awful.
And she was too old and unattractive for the part.

Brenda

Actually, I thought she was right for the part. It was supposed to be a girl from Brooklyn who was trying as hard as Tony was to escape. Her efforts to smooth her rough edges were amusing ("tea with lemon" being one of them) and the accent just slays me every time I hear it.

I would recommend she go to a lighter hair color, though, and ease up on the eyebrows. Then she can pass for younger than 62.

me

his other love interst was way prettier!!! I never understood why they hired this lady either...blah!

ME

LMAO! Read this line from her website...

Do you have a birthday or anniversary coming up? Through the Hollywood is calling website Karen can call you on your special event. Click here for more info!

I laugh at other's misfortunes

MILF!!!