« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Falcons Won't Sack Vick

8/27/2007 1:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Atlanta Falcons won't cut Michael Vick -- he's just too damn valuable. Well, at least his contract is.
Michael Vick
In a press conference, Falcons owner Arthur Blank said that while he's "profoundly disappointed and saddened" by Vick's action, the team is not willing to throw Vick to the dogs.

"We cannot tell you today that Michael is cut from the team," said Blank. "It may feel better emotionally, but it's not in the long term best interest of our franchise."

Blank added, "If we had any idea this was going on ... we would have dealt with it immediately."

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

meat_arian

Vick dont mind being under contract ; because the falcons know they cant get back the

37 million signing bonus they already give to him , lawyers of all kind say this is

one case he will win ; they can try!..but its not going to happen..so with that.. the falcons

owner said "well when he comes back we might as aswell get our moneys worth".

and vick dont mind his name being on a team either.

~k

# 83 ... bravo, bravo . I bow humbly to intellect ...

~k

Hope

Dogs, cats and the likes are stupid and useless...again..an animal lover as a control freak nothing more and nothing less.

patty

Sure Vick is sorry...Like all the rest...they always are "SORRY" once they get caught.. "SORRY for getting caught." I suppose he will go to rehab, specializing in curing mean and evil and come out a gentle and kinder man...ha. what a load of c..p..I think due to the nature of his crime he should receive whatever the maximum penalty is..

Shaylee

One word: PATHETIC!

zyski

The Falcons did this to keep their money factory(Vick merchandise alive) so they keep getting their share of sales from his jersey's etc.

annie

Everyone is worried about the money forget what is at stake here decency compassion and morality. With celbrities you can forget all of it, it become a double standard issue. It's about time someone gets the crap out of their head and do the right thing for a change. Sell his belonging off and donate it to animal shelters.

I speak da trooph

Oh Ana you poor thing, is that all you could come up with? Bless your small, shriveled, cold, black heart. I will pray for you.

BigDog62

Ana, What an intelligent comment to leave, your brilliance is astounding. You speak with the eloquence of...lets say a teen Miss South Carolina. You keep up the good work, idoits need heros too.

matt

The reason they didnt cut him has nothing to do with condoning his actions. By not cutting him, they can go after his money. They just announced this in the press conference. They are going after 22 million dollars. He defaulted his contract, hence this happening. If they cut him, he gets to keep all of at 22 million in signing bonus.

So before you get your panties in a bunch... Research the story.

wayne

Ana,

F*&%k you. I hate to tell you but you and your precious children are "animals" as well. The only difference is a larger brain (which in your case is doubtful) and opposing thumbs

George I Think I Got It

Yo, " gator72 " ... brilliant!

I, too, forgive Ana for her ignorance and am sorry for whatever happened to her during her childhood to make her so angry.

Ana, my child, blessed be you ... that you find your way along the dark road of ignorance and stupidity.

Cubby

Well...from my understanding the Falcons have to keep him on the roster if they want to get their money back or have legal recourse against him. Hopefully, they will get their money back and then release him. Or he will be the highest paid Waterboy in the NFL, because it would be a bad move to let him play which I don't think they can unless the Commish reinstates him in the NFL.

George I Think I Got It

Yo, " gator72 " ... brilliant!

I, too, forgive Ana for her ignorance and am sorry for whatever happened to her during her childhood to make her so bitter and scarred.

~k

Ooops.. dopey moi .. bravo to # 82 ... well-spoken and level-headed :)