DeVito Gets First Crack at Makin' Whoopi on "View"

8/28/2007 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Danny DevitoTMZ has exclusively learned that the first guest on the season premiere of "The View" will be none other than that limoncello-swillin' fluffer-lover himself, Danny DeVito.

DeVito will be visiting the new "View" on Sept. 4, which will also be Whoopi Goldberg's first day in the moderator's seat. His last appearance, of course, followed a night of boozy debauchery (and seven limoncellos) with pal George Clooney, and led to one of the more classically nonsensical talk-show-guest appearances in recent history, full of Three Stooges references and plenty of bleeped-out banter.

Of course, DeVito made out pretty well after his limonization -- he ended up starting his own line of limoncellos this year, called Danny DeVito's Premium Limoncello. No word on whether the green room will be stocked with the tart beverage.

We're also told that "The View's" first week will include appearances by Clive Owen, Regis Philbin, Larry David, and Rachael Ray.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JG

Gross

JJ

ENOUGH OF THIS ANGRY LITTLE MAN.....HIS BEST DAYS ARE BEHIND HIM......GET A "TAXI" LOUIE BECAUSE YOU SUCK AS AN ACTOR AND ACTIVIST.

who fuggin cares

someone please remember to give danny a big fat line of blow before he goes on this time so he'll mellow out and sober up? oh wait, nevermind, whoopi will be there -- she can smoke everyone out and get them into chill mode.

TheONE

ZZzzZzZZzzz

nomoreidiots

The View has been so boring without Rosie that I really don't care who they bring on to try and save it. It is a sinking ship. Love Joy though.

Merry Christmas

There was a time when I respected this guy. Now I think he's the male version of Rosie O - only shorter and with less facial hair.

Sillyme

Dirty little deviant!

Pat

I'm looking forward to the new season of the View. For my part if I never had to look or listen to Elisabeth Hasslewhatever I would be a happy camper. Can't stand her. She is one of the main reasons we can't understand the conversation because she butts in and talks when someone else is trying to make a point. SHE CAN'T KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT and she lives in a fantasy world in regard to some of her views. The only thing that makes this show interesting is Joy Behar. She is so down to earth as well as funny.

Simka Gravas

Louie DePalma was the funniest character ever (besides Lucy). He may be a trainwreck sometimes, but I will be quoting his Taxi bits forever.

Ummmhmmm

Limoncello is sooooooo good .Orangecello is even better .If I were anyone going on the veiw I'd have a shot or two just to keep from slapping Missy Hasslewhatever ,she is soooo naieve ...

Katerina

I've always thought that this Devito guy was basically a dirty little man.. I'm sure of it now.

donald t heiser

just another 'celeb' all full othem 'little' selves.

SIRJSK

Smoke a Joint. Will you people?

put down the stones....

FrrrFddd

the view suck's you got to be drunk to go on that show with them old bags good lord I wish thay wood end that show all ready

kathy christopher

Oh boy, Whoopi Goldberg - about the same as Rosey - maybe not as stupid, but do we need to have such loud mouthed liberals on? They are so bad for our country - good thing we have the one republican voice on there - I wish she had more support. Remember, hopefully there are more american loving republicans, than country hating liberals, that do nothing but speew hateful comments about our President.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments