Report Confirms

Owen Wilson Attempted Suicide

8/28/2007 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking NewsA "call to service" report from the Santa Monica Police Department, obtained by the television show "EXTRA," shows that the 911 call from Owen Wilson's home was made because the actor tried to commit suicide.

The call was received shortly after noon on Sunday and was "cleared" some five hours later. "EXTRA" is reporting that it was one of Owen's brothers who found him. Owen was rushed to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and later moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Owen Wilson released this brief statement to TMZ through his rep: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Wendy

So sad!! GWS Owen!

SAGRLVBR

My heart sank after reading this. I was hoping it was not this!! I pray for Owen to get the help he needs to overcome this sickness. I love you Owen!

VMA's Sucked

Its so sad. I just hope he will find the help he needs :(

L

Teenage suicide. DON'T DO IT!

Merry Christmas

I love Owen. I hope he gets the help he needs. He is a talented and funny actor.

Lori

I wonder why he tried to kill himself. So sad. What is he depressed over or it is a chemical imbalance. I pray for him. I hope he gets the help he needs.

es

i thought it was his other brother that found him, not luke
thats what all the other news shows are saying...

WHAT

take care of yourself and get well....

Shari

this makes me very sad. I hope that he gets whatever help he needs. Of all the stars in Hollywood, he would have been one of the last I would have expected this from.

Kirsten

This is so sad. It just goes to show you that you can have tons of money and lots of fans and it won't make you happy. We love you Owen, get better... we are all praying for you!

Josh

Very depressing news. It's hard to imagine that someone who's an accomplished actor and has things like family, friends, and money to afford a comfortable lifestyle would want to take his own life.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Dude's a junkie

OWEN, you are irreplaceable buddy. Don't give up, get the help you need, the world would be a dark place without you man. You are awesome and funny. We love you man.

superchunk

So relieved that someone with everything is as miserable and tortured as everyone else.
Great job keeping up the happy slacker image for so long Owen.

me again

Get over it. What problems could you possibly have that could drive YOU to suicide. Grow some balls and press on......punk!!!!

Leota

Please get well Owen. We love you.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments