Kiefer Could Face Bigtime Jail Time

9/25/2007 3:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Keifer SutherlandKiefer Sutherland is in deep you-know-what.

In November, 2004, Kiefer was popped for driving with a .22 blood alcohol level, and plead no contest to drunk driving. He was placed on 5 years probation. That means if he's convicted on this morning's DUI, he will have violated his probation.

Now here's where the news gets worse: Guess who the judge was in the 2004 case? That would be Judge Michael Sauer, the guy who threw the book at Paris Hilton for violating her probation. And remember, Paris was not drunk when she was driving on a suspended license -- and she was sentenced to 45 days in jail!

Stay tuned.

Jim Beam

If he doesn't get his probation revoked and handed a 5 year sentence, the judge should resign.

hell with them all

# 13 you must have a small brain. DRINKING and DRIVING come on that teaches our children it is OK to do that. I know not to drink and drive and I knew that when I was very young. Come on with the camera. Maybe with the you tube guy and your camera I can also become a STAR. Cry Cry Cry Tears Tears Tears leave him alone with the camera O please.

He's Boring now

Hey Mike, check your own colonoscopy first. Follow people around with cameras? Yes Mike we all make mistakes, but driving cars at over two and 3 times the legal limit isnt a mistake---its a potential death sentence for innocent people.

I give a fudge about mr privledge born into stardom from a famous daddy----its other people who get killed and maimed from these nutjobs I'm concerned about.

Why Fox who sponsored this event isnt watching out for their superstar is a story in of itself. Like they dont know he drinks too much, shame on all of them and I hope Fox Entertainment gets called out for it.

stefa

Paris Hilton was busted for a probation violation, not just driving on a suspended license. That's why she got the penalty she did, and it was the penalty she deserved.

Morbidly obscene?

Oh my gosh, TMZ censorship. I had to change my e-mail address as I was suddenly unable to post. No foul language, just non-liberal political ideas.

Friggin communists.

Lori

Those wild and crazy communists at TMZ censoring posts for political content.

JMS

I'm always amazed by people who defend celebrities' actions -- even actions that place lives at risk -- solely because they're famous or pseudo famous. Of course, people make mistakes every day; we all do. But when you're on probation for drinking and driving and you go out and willfully do it again, that's not a simple mistake. It's reckless endangerment. I'm a fan of "24" but Sutherland needs to do jail time for carelessly endangering people's lives. Apparently, that's the only way he'll learn.

sassy

child molesterS get less time then DUI drivers !!!!

now whats wrong with that picture?!?!?!!?!!

im with ya KS............yes you messed up and you must pay but good luck to ya...
its tough to be an addict so all people who have no idea what it is to be an addict ..SHUT UP........

Zander

It's plain irresponsible for anyone these days but to be of such privedge and not hire a driver is just STUPID!

Country4Life

Will they ever learn? I don't think so, shake my heads at those tools. Hire a driver, 24/7/365 if they have to. I'm glad I'm way up here in Canada, anyone drives impaired around here, I'm on it.

mickey lou

If he doesn't act like an arrogant pig like Paris & her mom, he will have a chance of getting off easier. Respect is the name of the game!

girltalk

Now he can be a part of TMZ pictoral history (mug shots, orange coveralls, etc.) Move over Paris and Lindsey!

Do Something Good

I was somewhat sympathetic to Paris Hilton but come on TMZ, it's like you WANT every celeb to be treated badly just cuz she was. There are differences... like that 3 years has passed since Kiefer has been in trouble whereas with Paris she acted all stupid within a few months of getting busted-- "oh i didn't KNOW" -- played dumb then acted like she was too good to be to court on time. There was a lot different. So to equate the two is just annoying. Lots of stars have been busted, & the sentences vary depending on how seriously they took the charges and what they did in response. Paris thumbed up her nose and she got the book thrown at her for it.

brownie

Who carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrressssssssssssssssssss?????????????

SMF

I'm not saying that what he did was right but to put him in the same category as Paris Hilton is stupid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments