Deep Discounts on "American Idol" Irregulars

10/11/2007 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Justin Guarini and Kimberley Locke didn't win "American Idol," but they are charging on with their careers and performing -- at the opening of a Texas outlet mall! For the love of Tiffany!
Kimberley Locke and Justin Guarini
While it may not be as high profile as a residential development or a regional hot air balloon festival, Justin and Kimberley will be doing their best to entertain discount shoppers at the grand opening of The Outlet Shoppes at El Paso on Friday. "From Justin to Kelly" never looked so good! To add insult to injury, Kimberley's name is even spelled wrong in one instance.

At this rate, it won't be long before Bo Bice is at a multiplex near you -- singing in the parking lot!

DaveRog

Since when does doing what you love make you a loser?

If I were a singer, I would sing at shopping malls. If I were an actor, and wanted to act, I would act in local theatre.

I guess if I were a mean, hateful, spiteful, unattractive closet queen or dumpy girl, I would get a job at TMZ making fun of people.

Dean

Goes to show where their careers went.Too bad.

Rabbit

It looks like they are both doing just fine with their careers; keeping busy and working steadily. But, it could be worse; they could be working for TMZ with nothing better to do than waste time trying to bring people down.

guzman

i dont get it.when it was established that its a sin to sing at malls?why,,because theyr gonna have direct contact with "commoners?".at least they are working hard to gain fanbase while all your lindsays,britneys and whining rappers like kanye and 50 cent takes us fans by granted.a job is a job and theres nothing wrong with that.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

It is better than working at McDonalds

DARK MEAT ONLY

Having to put out for Paula Abdul to keep their phone bill paid like Cory had to do!

justhoo1

I wish I lived near El Paso. I would love to see Justin and Kim perform. I enjoyed them on American Idol and purchased their albums. Justin put out a wonderful contemporary jazz CD in 2005 and is working on his third album. Imagine getting paid doing something you love. Can't beat that. Great entertainers don't care where they perform they just want to perform. I guess someone at TMZ must think this is news or it wouldn't be a featured story.

jgssf

I saw Justin perform in concert and he puts on a terrific show!
I also have his two cds, which I enjoy, and am looking forward to the upcoming third one.
The people at that mall will be very lucky to hear him perform in such an intimate setting, and I hope they get the chance to actually meet Justin and get one of his famous hugs. He is really one of the nicest guys out there, very decent and sincere, and incredibly handsome in person. And whether at a mall or in front of thousands Justin always sings his heart out and gives the performance his all, not just because he gets paid, but because he loves to entertain his fans, and it shows.!

Mr. James B. Ond

HEY A PAY-DAY IS A DAY WITH PAY AND I'D BE SURE THEY WILL EARN MORE WITH THAT ONE GIG,..... THAN MOST PEOPLE WILL EARN IN A MONTH or THREE.

IS THAT A BAD ''PAY-DAY''!

Just

oh woe is them....they go to the mall and sing for a half hour, and probably rake in as much as most of us make in a month....think about that before ya start yellin about what losers they are.

Sharon

Isn't it great that they are still singing?

Nice of TMZ to trash everyone!

Look who's writing at a trash online mag! LOL!

JD

TMZ...do you EVER say anything nice about anyone? Didn't think so.

sub

what do you think this business is, just what you watch on MTV? this kind of work is what people have to do. these singers never had real careers, they were shoved on this stupid TV show, and whoever stuck got a "ticket to the show" so to speak, the opportunity to make a CD and compete. Kelly Clarkson or Daughtry will be the exception, most CDs fail, and most singers earn their career one bad gig at a time. wise up.....

ian bruce

showbiz and music careers have their ups & downs, frank sinatra was "washed up" and then he was a big star again. that "bad" gig might lead to something special, and they are probably being paid more money for that SHOW then you or i make in a month.

both kimberley & justin are doing what they love to do and getting paid for it.
how many of us can say that?

"like the song said, "they kick you when you're up, they kick you when your down."

the sun shines on all, the earth carries everyone. stop being stupid.

Leibelein

I still say it's only a matter of time before they discover crop circles in Justin's hair. ::: blink blink:::