Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

10/13/2007 10:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges, after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities -- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

Stereotype

Re:#148

Your absolutely right, many of the people here are just plain racist and uneducated from the sound of them. Just let it be a lesson though because just like on this thread there are a lot of them walking around in society but they're camouflaged as "good, honest, fair" people but in actuality they're just as ignorant as someone who goes on line as spews uneducated, random and racist remarks even worse they believe what they are saying. Definitely not to say that TI was right or anyone that commits crimes against society for that matter but in this case there is no proof that that has happened. This is just another case of hypocrisy in America where the perpetrators (the ones bringing in the weapons and drugs, entrapping the target) Who point the finger. Just sad hardly anyone is willing to
see the truth.

Stereotype

Re: 149

Someone needs to pick up a history book and learn about trends in this country!

NAT

So you mean the government makes the guns, but doesn't expect the people to have them? Can we trace the path of the machine guns from the manufacturer to Tip's palm? I mean we do have serial numbers right? Just curious as to who else's prints we might find, or where the paper trail leads. But hey... when there is a leak, just tend to the puddle caused by the drip, not the hole. This way there is always something for you to do, therefore justifying your existence (hope I'm not too far over your head) pig!

Stephanie D

I surely don't condone this but I also understand. Have you ever seen T.I. in person? This dude is about 5ft tall and weighs about 100 pounds. No matter what his intentions are, there are always knuckleheads out there that are going to test him because they are hating on his success, and then add on his size. T.I. has really been trying to stay out of trouble and be a role model for his kids. I personally have seen him decline certain things because it was illegal or could be misconstrued as being something it is not. Self preservation is the bottom line. I think most people will opt to protect themselves as opposed to following the law....that is if one has to make a choice. Let's remember that it was just last year that he was almost shot and his best friend was murdered over something senseless. Let's let him explain before passing judgement. He is a very intelligent guy and there must be a reason for this other than stupidity.

memyself&I

I absolutely love T.I. !!! He is gorgeous and very talented and has everything going for him, hopefully this is not true. That body guard could be lying, to save his butt. Never know? Best of luck to the "Rubberband Man".

craig nobles

This is the message to all young kids that you do have other choices and this will be the outcome if you chose to live this life.........He is now an example a of a good thing gone wrong..........GOD BLESS HIM..

VUU16

All that money soooooooooooo STUPID!!!

Stefdaref

I've read all your comments and those of you who take the opportunity to post your thoughts but get pleasure in generalizing and expressing racial intolerance should take a moment to reflect on what our great nation has had so many chances to represent throughout the world and how all of us have let ourselves down with all the hatred, spin, blah blah and greed. The forces of jealousy are at our gates and we've continued to allow them to push with very little resistance.Wake up people. I do agree that Hip Hop has gone astray but there are still artist who give positive intellectual messages. Problem 1: money , sex, and guns are what our society glorifies, you all know it. I say that if dont all find a few things to agree collectively on, create an agenda to change and excecute it wont be long before the face of our great nation is changed for the worst for a very long time. Now I have children, I have white friends too Im willing to start the dialog followed with an effort to bring my intellegence to the table to protect this land that allows us the freedom to dream and bring dreams to life. Just look at the argument in NY with regards illegal immigrants being given drivers license. I say its wrong and the laws of the land need to be upheld!

Stereotype

@S.1619
I want to start by asking the question, how does a so called "black man" who's also pursuing a career in the same industry as "DUMB ASS RAPPERS" Plan to change it? because I agree there is a lot of stupidity in the industry but I would never be so DUMB as to say that it was only attributable to the black "ENTERTAINERS" simply because they're from the ghetto nor would I discount the fact that a vast majority of that music by "DUMB ASS RAPPERS" is actually purchased by white kids.If you're even black your just as bad as a white racist and Your racist (Ignorant) blanket statement against a group that you
yourself probably belong to doesn't take into account any of the
conscious black youth from the ghetto who are writing and producing
material for and with many "industry" entertainers. Second question if these rappers are so dumb how is it that they've figured out how to create a billion dollar industry when it sounds like your struggling (check 'em out on my space y'all)? and one thing for you to ponder "black man"
your talking about millionaire "ENTERTAINERS" who are often in situations (right or wrong) were personal protection is necessary. Did it ever occur to you that the reason for there success is because there's a demand for it? not to mention that it "incidently" helps perpetuate stereotypes (much like yourself)?Thankfully there's a whole other RAP "industry" movement occurring
that's almost completely internet/internet radio driven that's
comprised of talented black youth whom a lot are from the ghetto that
present positive and innovative messages that would never be played by
mainstream media. So brother...I mean "guy" if you're your going to
just sum up black rappers from th ghetto saying "you can't give
them money then go and join the "other team" see if they view you as
equal! or give you a fair shake when you show'em how you can be such a "GOOD BOY" and by the way good luck with your music career.
And "PEACE"

Stereotype

Note To All Black Readers:

Just noticing how here on TMZ you can go virtually anywhere on here and find blatantly racist posts concerning black people and I make it a point to try and address ones that I feel should be but I've noticed a trend in that they (whoever monitors this site) regularly deletes posts that I've written aimed at those racist. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

crolll

T.I. is an excellent rapper.
and i agree the cops tryna bring down rap so much.

and i agreewith who ever said this "So basically they are going by word of mouth from his bodyguard. Ok, aren't there more important things going on in America? Aren't we still at war? Its funny how the government is really trying to bring down rap. I guess there are tired of their kids making these rappers rich..."

its true.
rap is music. a way someoen expresses themselves.
its emotional music sometimes.

lucy Liu

offer packaging machine from china. Email: hondon_lucyliu@hotmail.com Tel:86 22 24412601-605 Fax:86 22 24328862

HATESNITCHES

stop snitchin!!!!

that philly girl, guess who

I believe there is 3 sides to a story. The media's way, Clifford Harris (T.I) way, and of course the right way. I am sticking by T.I., everyone make mistakes or it could just be that his bodyguard was hatin. He's a snitch.

that philly girl, guess who