The Real World of "The Hills"

10/26/2007 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Reality shows capture real people in their real environs, doing their everyday real things -- with the help of several cameras, boom mics, light filters, multiple takes and story outlines! Lights. Camera. Acting?!

Photographers snapped LC and Whitney -- and a few of their closest "Hills" production staff friends -- enjoying lunch on Thursday. Pretend we're not here!

It's just like a documentary -- and wrestling, Jerry Springer and infomercials!

inpittsburgh

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS SHOW!!! ALL "REALITY" SHOWS STAGE THINGS... EVEN SHOWS LIKE SURVIVOR. I MEAN COME ON TMZ REPORT THE REAL GOSSIP WE CRAVE THAT IS WHY WE COME TO YOUR SITE NOT NONSENSE LIKE THIS....

Dottie654

I happen to like The Hills. It is one of my favorite reality shows. I like Lauren, Brody & the other girls, altho I am not convinced Audrina is terribly bright. I think the show is very well done, certainly the best of the "rich kids" shows (O.C., Laguna Beach, & a couple they ran over the summer that were pathetic). I also think the show is well cast. I look forward to it each week & then watch it rerun during the week. If I can't watch for some reason, I tape it.

#26 GIRL: How do you know they have no talent or are disliked by everyone if you don't (or have never) watched the show???

I find it interesting that a good number of the posters ripping the show apart & calling names are male!!! I think they are just jealous.

Like someone said earlier, it is meant to be entertainment. And I think it fits the bill. There are so many stupid comedies on anymore. I find them unfunny and unwatchable.

>>NN.

The hills is not totally fake. The cast does have drama, but the producers just try to confront each other and such so that they can film it on time. So, all of you people who "hate" this show f*** off, and just don't watch it. You don't have to comment about it on a celebrity website, but I guess you all have nothing better to do, do ya?

Jen

yaya

Mande

I agree it's stupid that they call it "reality," but I don't think it's any big secret that it's staged. It's kind of annoying that you keep posting these stories like it's big news that they're not just sitting there by themselves, eating like normal people. The purpose of the show is entertainment. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you do, then who cares if it's real or made up?!

carmen

anyone who watches this show is a fake loser, just like LC and heidi

carmen

luaren conrad is ugly but compared to these other mosters I guess shes the best looking

BLINKING !!

Tmz Looks like your the only one besides PEREZHILTTON. who didn't know that The Hills is like all the other shows fake. little truth and a whole lot of lies. Hmmmm it kinds looks like your site..DONT IT.lol..
P.S. the whole SPIEDI HAS GOT TO BE FAKE.. No one can be as stupid as Heidi is.

Darn It!

The show is staged? What! OMG!!!!! I am shocked! Simply shocked! Say it isn't so????

Duh....whoever watches this crap and believes it is only one IQ point away from being mentally retarded.

Standards are badly needed.

Good work on unzipping the unreal real world. I detest any hint of fraud for $$$.
Unsuspecting Public has a right to know.

ocnj179

I've barely watch 5 mins. of this show. How the hell can anyone think this show was suppose to be a reality show..

Wait whaaat?

Beef Curtains??
What are beef curtains??

Coleman

According to the Nielsen ratings, 3 million people watch this show each week. I'm sure the viewers are young, but they are the future of America, so that's scary. It's the parents fault for letting their kids watch this stuff. Try to put down the candy bar and remote and read a good book for 30 minutes instead.

trish

This is so retarded, how are they going to film if they don't stage things, and stage I mean they have to set everything up, ask permission from businesses etc. This news is getting boring, all reality shows do that, I don't understand why the hills is under scrutiny.

Fox

Enough of these disgusting bourgeois pigs! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments