Copperfield Lures Woman Via Voicemail

10/29/2007 11:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Copperfield's been using his Vegas show not just to amaze and mystify, but to pick up chicks! And now TMZ has a voicemail from David himself, inviting one of the women attendees to his island in the Bahamas.

A female audience member at one of the magician's Las Vegas shows supplied TMZ with one of her answering machine messages, where Copperfield says he's "got a very interesting opportunity for you ... if you're available to come to the island ... we'll just have some fun."

TMZ also interviewed another woman at the same show, who said Copperfield invited her and a friend to the Bahamas as well -- but she decided it would be too "creepy" to go.

cakelady

first i thought the creep was G A Y secondly doesnt anyone in the limelight do things like normal people do

beware of big dark HERPE caves

I agree with #39.

5 cent

David Copperfield has his own island.
Girls go there and get all excited.
And if they won't put out
he waves his 'magic wand" about
and prays his reputation isn't blighted!

Bloody Spears

I feel sorry for him. He has never had anything like this in his stella career, and now the first sniff of a story the media and public jump on him like a pack of wolves.
Why is society turning there nose at him for picking up women? Its what every normal guy does on a Friday and Saturday night! Being so famous it would be harder for him to just ask a someone out!
These girls are just in it now for there 30 sec of fame. If they thought he was creepy and weird WHY did they go back stage to meet him after the show? Because they wanted to meet him! He is David Copperfield.
Sham on these girls you give women a bad name everywhere.

IT IS WHAT IT IS!

OKAY, WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON HERE?
WHEN DID IT BECOME NEWS FOR A MAN TO TALK TO A WOMAN HE'S INTERESTED IN. AND IF THAT'S HIS STYLE, SO WHAT IF HE USED THE SAME LINE WIN ANYONE ELSE UNDER THE SUN? IF IT WORKS FOR HIM, COOL.

BELIEVE ME, I AM NOT ON ANYONE'S SIDE, BUT UNTIL I HEAR SOMETHING THAT WARRANTS TURNING THIS MAN'S LIFE UPSIDE DOWN, I SAY "LAYOFF!!!!"

AND I BACK MY GOVERNMENT 100% - - BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING FISHY HERE AND SOMEONE ON THE FBI IS ON THE TAKE TO DESTROY SOMETHING OR SOME COMPETITOR WHO PROBABLY WANTED TO DO THE GIGS THAT DAVID WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO BECAUSE OF THIS (SO FAR) CRAP, THEN THEY NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED AND WEEDED THE HELL OUT.

THIS IS BAD NEWS TO AMERICANS. ARE YOU TELLING US WE CAN BE PULLED OUT ON THE BASIS OF WHAT THIS LAME BRAIN PERSON WHO DID..... WAITED UNTIL HOW LONG NOW??????? NOT EVEN IN THE SAME COUNTRY, AND WHEN SHE DID GET TO HER COUNTRY SHE DIDNT REPORT IT???????

EVEN IF SHE HAD MEMORY LOSS, OUT OF RESPECT, SHE NEEDS TO LET THIS GO, AND HAVE A TETE A TETE WITH DAVID. BUT YOU DONT DO THIS CRAP. SHE WENT THERE WILLINGLY DIDNT SHE? FOR THAT ALONE SHE DESERVES SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHATEVER HAPPENED>

and let me back up here....MEMORY LOSS MY ASSS.... IF SHE WAS ATTACKED MAYBE MEMORY LOSS, BUT THERE IS SOMETHING THAT PRELUDES SEX. IS SHE CLAIMING HE SPIKED HER DRINK AND THEN RAPED HER OR SOMETHING..... NOW THAT I COULD HAVE A REAL PROBLEM WITH..... BUT GOOD DARN, GIVE ME SOMETHING!!!!

THIS IS NOT RIGHT! AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOICE THEIR OPINION AND SMOKE HER OUT!

sparekeys9

Hello, David _
Darn it.......... Thought that was David Copperfield on the
line. He was here recently doing a show. Left my number
Guess he hasn't gotten around to me yet. But I'm waiting..........

D (the second D)

I can't stand magicians and I care less for David Copperfield...but this is bull crap. Like David couldn't pay for sex if he wanted it...he held hands with Claudia Shieffer for a few years - I always thought he was gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just surprised he want to have any girls on his island!

Blah blah blah

All the girls with their recorded "messages" need to just let the FBI do their job and stop trying to get their 15 mins. of fame. They apparently gave him their number for him to be able to leave a voice message, right? If no harm has come to them, just shut up.

nonnie

The model Claudia had the right idea when she broke off the relationship of 6 years--now we know why. Allegations of rape or no rape--this type of eerie and weird behavior of choosing women like cattle by someone as famous and wealthy as Copperfield speaks volumes and really makes you wonder what the the Grand Jury there in Seattle has on him.

cas

Um, she did report it along with the rape kit she had done when she returned home. They have been investigating it for a while now. He's creepy!

And while I'm at it, anybody besides me ever hear of "date rape". Just because I agree to visit your island does not mean you get to visit mine...

Emphazing that the investigation has been going on for a while now. The FBI now has what they need after much longated investigating, to proceed foward.

Rainy

If she was so freaked out by him during the show, why did she go backstage after and give him all of her personal information?

Mama Says

Maybe he should do another magic routine and just disappear.

OCD

The guy is obviously a predator. I'm sure he thinks that all of these women are over the moon when he invites them to partake of his celebrity status. He probably feels that it evens out....they get a few minutes in the limelight and he gets what he wants.

Fair deal? *shudder*

Nancy

Give me a freaking break, He was picking up woman at his show.... This is not a crime this is something that happens, The girl should have used some common sense and not went, I still think he made some wild promise to get a little and then did not deliver and this is the pay back.

Toria

So, he left a message on a woman's answering machine asking her if she'd like to take a trip with him to the Bahamas. Big deal! Since when is that a crime? First of al, how did he get her phone number to leave a message on her voice mail? And secondly if she didn't want to go, Why didn't she just call him back and say so? Or, delete the message and ignore him? What's the big deal? I don't believe he raped anybody. And, once it's been proven in court or no charges filed, he should sue the women in question for defamation if in fact he is truly innocent. They shouldn't be able to ruin his reputation if they are in fact lying.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments