« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Football Horror: Three Charged in Taylor Murder

12/1/2007 12:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Three of the four suspects in Sean Taylor's death were charged with unpremeditated murder early Saturday. Charles Wardlow, Eric Rivera and Venjah Hunte all faced the same charge. Police say the killing of Taylor was unplanned. The fourth suspect was arrested but has not yet been charged.

Miami-Dade Police Department spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the men as: Eric Rivera Jr., 17, Venjah K. Hunte, 20, Jason Scott Mitchell, 19 and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18.

Miami-Dade County Police Director Robert Parker said the suspects didn't expect Taylor to be home when they broke into his home Monday morning. The NFL Pro Bowler surprised them and was fatally shot. The suspects -- all of whom have prior arrests -- are expected to make their first appearance in a Fort Myers courtroom sometime today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FIGHT

Having no guns might help, but if there's still poverty, they will find a way to rob and steal and hurt any way. Someone said "they've done this for what, a couple thousand here, a couple thousand there?" ... a couple thousand may not seem like much to you, or me - considering my rent alone is $3300, but to poor people, in poor neighborhoods - a couple thousand can be a months' rent, plus diapers and food.

I grew up poor, and didn't rob, or steal ... I went to school, and made it on my own, but that's because I was smart, and had amazing role models - I was lucky. I can't imagine what came of most of the people from my "hood", but probably nothing good. Being poor and stupid is deadly.

Instead of saying "get a job", think of a way to create jobs - jobs that pay enough to live on. I'm a single mother, and if I didn't have a career, rather than just a "job", there's no way I'd be able to survive without welfare or stolen money. "Get a job" is a joke these days. The cost of living is far more than the average salary. "Get a job" is a cop out.

If people in this country cared more about the less fortunate, we could fix it. Instead of people focusing on these boys' punishment (which they will deserve, no doubt) they should focus on "what went wrong". Be willing to pay extra taxes to fix our schools and healthcare system. Make college free. Do SOMETHING proactive, instead of just wanting every desperately poor person locked up. TRY FIXING IT. Or is that just too much of a challenge?

FIGHT

PS

Like I said, I'm a single mother - I'd like to keep MY gun, but thanks any way.

Karan

Mitchell looks like Eddie Murphy when he played Buckwheat on SNL.

FIGHT

Those boys don't look like the guy from "Friday", or Eddie Murphy. You guys are stricken with the "all black people look alike" illness.

Matt Damon

Well 130, leave it locked up, It may Load itself and Shoot You, Remember Guns Kill, people don't!!

FIGHT

Yeah, Brady, my gun is safe. When I looked on the website and saw how many sex offenders there are - everywhere (it was impossible to find a pervert-free neighborhood) I became a gun owner. I never liked guns before either, but that changed when I had my daughter.

You should research international gun laws. There are quite a few countries with loose gun control laws, but they have very few murders compared to us. It's our people, not our guns.

Who's most likely to use guns to hurt people? Poor people. Why take even more of our rights away, when all you have to do is help the poor? Just another lazy-ass cop out.

Karan

Wrong, the four of them look nothing alike and this has nothing to do with being black.

Go complain to Eddie Murphy. I thought his Buckwheat skit was one of the cutest and funniest I had ever seen.

Matt Damon

My Brother is not Black! He is Innocent! Signed Geraldo Rivera

Matt Damon

Fight Im on your side LOL!!

FIGHT

Also, Brady, if Sean Taylor had a gun, instead of the machete he had enough time to grab, he might be alive today.

FIGHT

lol, Brady. You're cool, I'm just sayin' I don't agree with you on the gun control thing. I can disagree with peoples' opinions and still not hate them. I'm not a republican :-P

Matt Damon

No Problem Fight! Just playing a little devil's advocate. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, we should be able to Protect ourselves, Your right! If he had a Gun, he might be alive today, I'm an Independent, I vote for who I think will do the best Job. Have a Great Sunday :)

Hoonis

It is very sad indeed that this young man who was trying to better his life is taken out by a bunch of thugs--who cares what color anyone is. There are some bleeding hearts out there who will say that the 4 burglers/murderers were only trying to take care of themselves because their childhood was so heinous blah blah blah..but until people are held responsible/accountable for their actions and are not permitted to blame everyone else, this type of horror will continue to happen. We are so PC as a society and enabling because no one wants to speak the cold hard truth. As a nurse I see women of all colors who have FREE access to healthcare and any birth control they want continue to have MULTIPLE children they can't/won't take care of. Some of these poor, neglected kids grow up to be burglers/murderers and we can do little to
stop it. Wake up people, color is not the problem, it is the behavior and lack of consequences that we all allow. It is time to take a stand for all the law abiding people of this country, those working hard, not murdering and stealing to take care of their families. Those that play the race card can go to hell or better yet, stop contributing to the problem but be part of the solution,

Sven

Comments to recent posts:

Sean didn't have a gun cuz he wasn't allowed to carry one becuz of his plea agreement for trying to kill the guy who he claimed stole his ATV.

He got a pass on the DUI - and never should have - if he'd been convicted he could have gotten counseling - Fairfax County Judge and DA failed him - they should have made him go to counseling.

He didn't grow up "middle class" = his mom was on welfare and had 4 or 5 kids by 3 different fathers - he lived with her some years and his police father some years - two distinct worlds - held on to both, including friends from both worlds.

Provided in life for his mom and his step sister (whose boyfriends relative's and friends killed her brother) and his stepbrother - and bought the house for them, but was totally irresponsible in

not providing for his son and mother of his child - never married her or bought a house for her and/or his son - so they're out of the house - his murdering sister and mother will get it. Sorry commentary on who he cared for! Never protected his son's assets or his son's mothers. Didn't even marry her after 6 years.

Becuz he never married her - he was just another irresponsible father who cared more for his druggie mom and half-sister and brother than for his own child - how sick!

So now his wife and child will be kicked out the house

FIGHT

Blue -

His baby is his heir, and will be fine ... even if somehow the mother and baby get nothing of Sean's money (which won't happen), I'm sure her uncle can take care of her. I never officially married my husband before he died, but there are common law marriages.

As for him getting passes from the police, that's something you need to take up with the police.

And I don't care what kind of father you think he was (it sounds like you must have known him very well). I know that he had his girlfriend and baby in a house with him ... a house nice enough, with nice enough stuff, to make people want to rob him. It sounds like no matter what he had done in the past, he was coming around.

I'd like to know ... what is your goal, what's constructive about anything you've said? Why are you trashing a dead man? You can't think of any one better (perhaps someone alive) to pick on?