Kiefer Wants to Go to Jail -- But Not County

12/5/2007 8:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Kiefer Sutherland is at an L.A. County Courthouse and the judge has agreed to let him serve his time at a jail run by the city of Glendale rather than the perilous Twin Towers county facility.

Sutherland will serve his 48 days at the Glendale City Jail. He must complete his sentence by the end of March. He then faces 60 months of informal probation -- meaning he doesn't have to see a probation officer, pay a fine, complete 18 months of an alcohol education program and undergo six months of weekly alcohol therapy sessions.

t makes lots of sense for Kiefer to choose a city jail. Sources say Twin Towers has become a nightmare of violence, and jailers cannot guarantee the safety of high-profile inmates.

The probable option if Sutherland chose Twin Towers is that he would be placed in "the hole" -- a solitary confinement area in which he would spend 23 hours a day alone.

This is not a typical "pay for stay" program. Rather, Kiefer will serve a regular county jail sentence through the City jail inmate worker program.

Story developing ...

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

whaddaya think - 24 hours?

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

and what's a prival jail? spell check tsk tsk tsk

Katerina

You'll go to jail where you are told to go to jail you spoiled creep.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

oh you changed it now but I saw the typo.

I see they type like they fact check there at TMZ

Little Chyna "Girl"

This guy's been a drunk and drug abuser for 25 years. He is so self-involved he never makes the effort to straighten out his life. He'll do about half of the 48 days and then he'll be out swerving all over the road again in about 2 weeks. Let's all hope and pray that he adopts some concern for his fellow man (and woman) before he kills some one through selfishness. You'll recall that this is why Julia Roberts ended things with him back in the 80s.
HE'S A "LOST BOY" all right!

brent

Boo Freakin Hoo....if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I couldn't care less if you're a pampered celeb or not. "Place me over there, me no likee to get hurt"

If these idiots would stop drinking and driving, or doing drugs, they wouldnt have this problem. I have no sympathy for them at all...

Amy Silverman

More special treatment for the rich and "famous" losers they should have to go where any other Joe Blow would.They broke the laws-now pay!!!!!!!!!!!

una chica

He deserves to go to a regular jail! The whole family is a bunch of jerks! I saw his dad at a restaurant last night, said hello, totally ignored us with his nose in the air, and his whole entourage (which were probably the designated drivers!) laughed because we pointed him out! How funny it will be when NO ONE recognizes any of the Sutherlands!!! JERKS!

warnold swastanigger

smart move..or he would be droppin his skivvies and gettin his salad tossed.....like all the other snow bunnies....cracker world cant save you there...only expose how weak all you peckerwood rednecks really are on a level playing field....now kiefer...rub some more baby oil on bubba jackson...get ready to spoon...suck on your thumb and close your eyes...and maybe if you click your heels...you will be back on the set....and a tough guy again....and the next drink you take...no doubt you will remember bubba....and your salad...gettin tossed...

Ev

Sheesh..you know these folks have money, why don't they just hire drivers...then they can get as stoned as they like and not put others at risk..

Gordy

Kiefers a girl! (no offense to girls).

kathy

OH HELL NO HE SHOULD GO TO WHAT EVER JAIL YOU OR I WOULD GO TO. I MEAN I LIKE KIEFER, BUT YOU DO THE CRIME YOU DO THE TIMEEEEEEEEE

J

una chica - you were snubbed by the elder Sutherland - then his entourage laughed at you & then they wiped the table with your face & then they made you wash their dishes - no mas no mas I say.

Oscar in Miami Beach

Another celebrity better-than-everybody treatment just because is a celebrity. California justice is a sham and disgusting. California justice system should be investigated by the FBI for its under the table money paying which is what it is. I wonder how much is this judge being payed to grant this privilege to Keifer Sutherland?. I hope is a lot. I think all US criminals should move to California, is a State that is quite easy on law-breakers. Disgusting. What kind of example this gives to the rest of the country and the new generation. Go to California, break the law and get away with murder and an easy sentence. Cool!!!!

Little Chyna "Girl"

Hey SwastaNG ...
We've got enough money to pay our taxes, (support you), buy new homes, new cars, new motorcycles, new boats and just about anything else that our heart desires. Those of us that obey the law don't care WHAT you thug-life, nasty underwear exposing social outcasts do. We won't be in lock-up with your ilk anyway.
Just get my to-go order ready and shut the hell up! I'm LOVIN' it!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments