Pimp C's Mom: This Is a Terrible Loss!

12/5/2007 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The late Pimp C's grieving mother is speaking out about the sudden death of her son. "Actually, we have very little idea of what happened," Weslyn "Mama Wes" Monroe told KFDM News. "C's business manager found his body in his hotel room in Los Angeles and we know he died in his sleep. Past that, we don't know anything."

"This is a terrible shock," added Monroe, "Mama is just a little tougher than most, but I break too." Pimp's mom said she has received tremendous support from family, friends, artists and other entertainers. "The phone won't stop ringing. It feels good, if anything can feel good now," she explained, remembering how much Pimp C loved the Port Arthur, Tex. community: "He loved PA ... Even when he came home he chose to live here. And to be honest, I wasn't sure of it. But he was, this was his choice."

The 33-year-old rapper, real name Chad Butler, died yesterday at Hollywood's Mondrian Hotel. He is survived by his wife and three children. He, along with Bun B, made up the Houston rap duo UGK. Funeral plans are pending.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Haha suckers...

First!

Petite

Yipes! Is the Bling killin' them?

me me

i loved his music

ME

Ummm...I hate to point this out but she's not grieving! Where are the tears?

gkh621

LMAO @ Number 2

me me

u will be missed pimp c

d to the izzle

Gee, I don't know how I was able to crawl out of bed this morning knowing that Pimp C is no longer with us. Pssshhttt....

contraman23

rest in peace pimp c. all hip hop heads will miss your presence in the game. this is a big loss in hip hop. my prayers are with you and your family and bun b

Team NKOTB

Here's a question...

Who the EFF is "Pimp C" and why in the hell do we care about who's grieving? Isn't it sort of retarded to say "His mother is grieving?" Damn, the guy died... you'd have to expect his mother would think it was a terrible loss.

TMZ Sucks. I hate you all.

Merry Christmas

Nothing worse than losing your child - at any age.

kj

You're an idiot Hater, you don't have to cry to grieve, she's obviously a strong lady and everybody deals with tragedy differently.

Sara

Of course his mother is grieving you dumbass. Why read TMZ if you don't like it! Stay off the website then.

nikk

wtf i dont understand where the jokes come in...wether u knew who he was or not the man had a family and ppl who loved him have some respect...i bet if a madonna or brad pitt died the comments would be different what a shame

Billy Bob

Pimp C will be missed by everyone in P.A. we love you we gone keep it Till for you

Michael Hess

Pimp C is a legendary rapper. Team Brit it is ok that you are not familiar with UGK, but rap fans are, and this is a huge loss.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments