Rebecca De Mornay Charged with DUI

12/27/2007 8:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Risky Business" beauty Rebecca De Mornay was charged today by the L.A District Attorney's office with two counts of misdemeanor driving under the influence, stemming from her October 30 arrest. See, driving under the influence isn't just for the youngsters!
Rebecca Demornay
Cops pulled over the 48-year-old actress on Sunset Blvd. on the night before Halloween. During the stop, cops told TMZ they "immediately detected an odor of alcoholic beverages." They told us De Mornay was asked to perform several field sobriety tests, which she failed.

Click to launch!Police say her blood alcohol level was .09, just over the legal limit. She was cited and released from the Beverly Hills police station.

De Mornay will be arraigned on December 31, but she does not have to appear.

2 1/2 Volts

I see drunk people!

tim

Another female role model for women. Twice drunk in one month. So you want to be a party girl..

Mdolla

...I say put her away before she gets us all killed...stupid idiot

becca

I am glad that the police are finally arresting these egos who feel that they can do anything that they want too. It will be a sad day when one of them kills someone, or themselves.

Dan

Ah, c'mon, we've all done this before! I'm sick of this "holier than thou" attitute!

Mdolla

Yeah Dan, I get drunk, but I take car service...When she runs over your wife and kids come back and tell us

Sharona

Tom Cruise should help her out with his voodoo....afterall she used to be his main squeeze

Jeff

So she is still drinking, I had sex with her once way back while she was drunk...

Holly

Just don't understand why these celebs don't hire a driver or take a stinkin cab when they are out...it's not like they couldn't afford it. I guess drunks, no matter what their income level, just use poor judgement!

Kydigger

Well it is funny how the person is out and caught charged with DUI and our good old Courts and couny Attoney are just now deciding to charge her. those charges are a little on the late side. also why is it that she doesn't have to appear in court like every one else? Just because she is a star does not mean special treatment unless the Judge has been paid off. Just don't understand our ccourt system at all

SINTIBEAR

HOW SAD, YOU WOULD THINK ALL THAT MONEY THAT THEY MAKE THEY WOULD ACTUALLY HIRE A CHAFFEUR OR A CAB. FOR THEM TO HIRE SOMEBODY THAT'S NOTHING, THEY HAVE MONEY IN THE BANK THEY CAN AFFORD IT. IF YOU'RE STUPID ENOUGH TO DRIVE DRUNK THEN YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR LICENSE. I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR ANY OF THEM JUST PITTY

Ed

This is such "NON NEWS" Ok, she had ONE drink too many before she got in her car. She should have had NO drinks but since our society doesnt demand that, she made a mistake. Its wrong that we demand, "dont have too many" but leave it up to the person to know what is too many, If her blood alcohol was 1.4 or something really high, that might be a story if she wrecked the car or hit someone. But this is paperwork and a source of income for local municipalities.

I dont envy the cops who have to act like they are outraged that someone blows a .9. I know too many that have no problem getting into a car after more than "one too many".

The point is, This is about paperwork and money for the government. If it were really such a bad crime, why is there no "ZERO TOLERANCE" for drinking and driving? hmmm? im waiting for an answer.....

OCD

What in the heck is up in Hell-ay?

Does everyone drive drunk there or what?

Strike L.A. from my list of places to go and see. I don't want to get mooshed.

marilyn

Does the whole country drink & drive?? It's a way of life in this country, so why do we always make such a fuss....Oh Wait, could it be MAKE NEWS, which the industry thrives on???? I rarely read these headlines/or respond, but ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

D.O........Go Panthers!!!

She should hve taken the train just like the time with Tom C.