Yung Joc: Proud to Be an American!

12/27/2007 8:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Yung JocRapper Yung Joc is anxious to clear his name after being arrested at Cleveland Hopkins Airport on Sunday for carrying a concealed weapon -- but not so anxious that he wants to show up in court.

Joc, real name Jasiel Robinson, missed a court appearance on Wednesday, but released a statement through his lawyer that says, "I have the utmost respect for the laws of this country and would never deliberately commit an act that would jeopardize my freedom, my family, or my career. I've worked very hard to achieve my goals, and it's unfortunate that this current situation has garnered more attention than the many donations I've made and the charitable work I've done with various organizations."

He went on to say, "I'm proud to be a citizen of America, where we are taught to believe that every person is afforded the presumption of innocence. That being said, I have full respect for the judicial system and its due process. I look forward to resolving this situation and moving forward to a positive and prosperous 2008. Best wishes to you and your families in the New Year. Thank you."

He is due back in court on January 25. The felony charge he faces carries a possible sentence of up to 18 months.

Andre

Sounds sincere, very descent appeal for forgiveness.
Inocent until proven guilty, lets hope.

Clinton

That's legalese for "I'm guilty but I'll never admit it."

el polacko

well his LAWYER sounds sincere... hahaha. this dumbass couldn't even read the statement much less understand what it means. oh and btw, you're not supposed to make charitable contributions for recognition ..... you do that for tax purposes !

Semper Fi

Maybe the gun got in his possession due to "natural causes", like the way Pimp C was found. If he had the "utmost respect for the laws of this country" he would have showed up for his court appearance, or wouldn't have had a gun at an Airport in the first place. What a smoke screen. I wonder if his Lawyer did all the typing...ya think? But you never know, maybe he's innocent.

Dan

You don't take guns to the airport? Well, okay, I'll grant that you don't take guns *through security* at the airport - unless you're supposed to, or allowed to, which a lot of people *are*, though probably not Yung Joc - but if you've got a concealed-carry permit, I'm pretty sure you can stick that gun in your checked baggage at the counter and everyone will be fine with it. (In fact, they may try extra-hard to *not lose* your bag, if they know it's got a firearm in it. Maybe he forgot to check it.

sickofKate

Hmmm...well then show up to court when you're supposed to and don't carry a gun to an airport dumb ass!

roughdaddy

very articulate young joc,,,he mustve wrote it while on the run!!!!!!!

White America

like I said before, next time tell him that he is showing up to a BASKETBALL court. Then he'll show up on time with his Jordans and a 40. You gotta know how to communicate with tha bruthas.

Peace!

Party 'till you die!

Repost. Poor guy. He probably has so many guns that he merely forgot where one of them slipped off to. I have that same problem with chewing gum! I am always surprised at the place 'gums' turn up at! I constantly find myself saying, 'Wow, where'd that gum come from?' Or, 'Wow, I don't believe that gum under the seat is mine!' Funny how when you become so comfortable with such minor things, that they tend to pop in the strangest of places!

Poetical

I hope he got all the attention he wanted.

jeff

I am surprised he is not claiming racisim and that he is being targeted because he is a black rapper from the hood trying to do better. 50 bucks says Al Sharpton and the Rev JJ will show up. We all know the white man is always trying to keep them down.

Party 'till you die!

And I would bet that Jeff and W.A are the same racist person- they always magically appear together to spew their hate! How handy! Try to burn a cross in my neighborhood and you'll get a stomping!

White America

What time is my Klan meeting? How original!! My god, NOBODY has EVER asked that before! You are a creative genius!!! They should give you your own reality show on VH1, "Flavor of Pu$$y". Oh, and btw, whoever this jeff is that you mention, he is not me. The fact that I can use my own screen name without problems should have been the dead giveaway. Just something else in life that you lost in. LOL

Btw where is your rancor at Brooklyn B's racist comments? Thought so.

jeff

Actually WA is a Racist I am married to a Latin woman so I don't think the Klan would except me into there cross burning arms. I am however predjudist against people who blame others for there short comings such as the rappers and black community today. You don't see Asian or Latin communities saying almost daily that it's the white man keeping them down. NO you don't and if you had an ounce of inteligience you would know that. There is a saying " It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" I think that fits you to a tee. Oh and by the way your stomping you say you would give if I came into your neighborhood? Bring it on little boy. I bet I can paint a picture of you! You are about 5'7" and about 145 pounds dripping wet and you wear your pants around your knees. You do know that the reason guys wear there pants around there knees? It's to advertise they are gay and open for business.

White America

Funny, but why is it that when black people say racial things they are "keeping it real" but when white people do the same they are Klan members? lol. Slavery was a long time ago, get over it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments