Jake Legally Bonds with Reese's Kids

1/2/2008 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The part of Ryan Phillippe will now be played by Jake Gyllenhaal.

Gyllenhaal's relationship with Reese Witherspoon appears to be getting more serious, as Jake was snapped at a Malibu park -- with Reese, her mini-me daughter Ava and carrying Ryan & Reese's son Deacon on his shoulders. Brokeback stepdad - is that you?!?

Out in public and wearing matching hats, this Gyllenspoon collaboration is already a bigger hit than "Rendition."

mya

They are a PERFECT fit! Reese deserves a guy like Jake, he knows how to love a woman...because he has wonderful/loving parents. I hope they can make it work.

jamie

Run for the hills Jake!!! You can do so much better then this bitch!

ray

Some of you really are idiots. Jake is a great guy and seems to be great with Reese and her kids. He isn't replacing Ryan, who remember cheated on Reese, he is just being a good boyfriend with her kids. And Ryan shouldn't be any more upset than Reese when Abbie Cornish, Ryan's girlfriend, was seen with the kids. They are being responsible divorced parents. TMZ also needs to move on from Brokeback. Jake has done TWO movies since then! Zodiac, which is getting rave reviews on all the year end critics lists and Rendition, which was a lot better than critics gave it credit for. Leave Jake and Reese alone already!

jamie

Rendition was garbage! Just because no one saw it don't try to convince people that it was actually good. I did see it and it was terrible. It was boring, underdeveloped, badly acted and I did not find one character in the movie compelling enough to care about.

Zodiac was good. It could have used a trim by a skilled editor but overall it was good.

BTW Reese and Jake together? Not working for me. I agree with the "fit" issue.

ray

BenL, you didn't like Rendition but I saw it and I did like it. Not everyone has to agree with you, they can decide for themselves.

And Reese and Jake seem like they "fit" together very well to me. In the end the only people that really matters to is Jake and Reese.

jamie

Well if people are entitled to their opinions then why do you feel the need to disagree with mine? If you really thought everyone was entitled to an opinion you would not have bothered to reply to my post.

Kahm

Bet it galls Ryan to death. I hope Jake and Reese and the kids will be very happy together!

jamie

Way to be meanspirited KK. Why would it gall Ryan? He's moved so far on it isn't funny. I'm sure he'd rather have Reese happy and involved with someone because it would make things more peaceful between them.

I doubt Reese and Jake are permanent but I'm sure she is a good mother and she will make sure the kids are involved and happy and understand what is going on.

chitown

feeling sorry for phillipe right now. carrying a kid on your shoulders is kind of a daddy thing. she should know better.

Alexa

I think it's dangerous for anyone to put a child on their shoulders. Anything can happen.

marlon

nice life!

Joeythecatfish

TMZ Ryan will ALWAYS be their daddy. Jake will never be portraying Ryan

Tim

FUGLY, BORING AND FAKE.

Reese, you bitch, take better care of your children!

ray

Do the people feeling sorry for Ryan realize that he cheated on Reese? He has Abbie Cornish, so why shouldn't Reese have someone nice like Jake? Do you want Jake to be mean to the kids or something? Just because he put Deacon on his shoulders means he is a good guy. I doubt he would want to replace Ryan. He can't replace their father but he can be sweet to them. While some of you criticize Reese unfairly, I think she is being a good parent.

Chris

Why would a guy who is 27 be spending his time with an older woman who already has a couple of kids by another man, instead of finding a woman to bear his own children? Hmmm.....maybe because he can't have children, for some reason, and has to make do with somebody else's?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments