« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Is Clemens Ready for His "Moment of Truth"?

1/25/2008 8:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The most popular new show on television is giving former Yankee pitcher Roger Clemens a chance to clear his good name -- and he can pocket a cool half mil in the process!
Read the documents
The FOX show "The Moment of Truth" -- which premiered to 23 million people on Wednesday -- sent a letter to the Rocket's manager, asking Roger to appear. Contestants on the show are asked a series of questions while hooked up to a polygraph machine -- and then have to own up to their answers in front of an audience comprised of their friends and relatives.

Howard Schultz, creator and Exec. Producer of the show, says Roger can put the steroids question to rest once and for all -- and donate his winnings to the charity of his choice. Schultz writes, "People have stood in awe at your incredible accomplishments in baseball. This show could let the world know that you are an incredibly courageous person, as well as to clear your name in front of a nationwide audience, all in the name of charity."

Calls to Clemens' management were not immediately returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Michele

This show has GOT to be revamped. It's a great concept but there isn't one single person that didn't make a negative comment about the long pauses and phony tension building going on. It'll never last if they don't pick up the pace.

BallsNYC

the only balls he can hit are his own shriveled ones!

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we care/ all of them were on the roids,why incriminated your self now,unless yoiur name is Jose Con-stupid

dug

Moment of Truth is the worst show I have ever seen... who is the moron that passed the airings? Way to slow - plus, it's obvious they got actors like that last moron with the fake hair.... why is it that actors many times are the worst actors because you can tell by their manneurisms, dumb looks, dumb comments, facial expressions etc.. he and his crew were actors.. I thought that fake crap went out in the 60's? Dumbest show I have ever seen.. it will be off the air in 1 week.

just wondering

...SO...23 MILLION WATCHED THIS SHOW AND I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF IT!!....DOESN'T SOUND LIKE I MISSED MUCH BY THE COMMENTS I'M READING....WHY THE HECK WOULD SOMEONE GO ON IT ???...ESPECIALLY ROGER?...WISH FULL THINKING ON PART OF THE PRODUCERS !!!

just wondering

HELLO??? ANYBODY HERE?? HAHAHA..I CAN'T TAKE ANY OF THE DEPRESSING SITES...OH WELL, i'LL JSUT FILE MY NAILS AND PUT ON A COAT OF NAIL HARDENER!!...OH YEAH, I'M IN CAPS CAUSE ONE OF MY FELLOW BLOGGERS PREFERS IT...JUST IN CASE I GET A VISIT!!...SHHH...SORRY FOR STRAYING...

just wondering

SALTY....DOES THIS COME ON AFTER AMERICAN IDOL??/

Jack

MY COMMENT IS TO LENN K. JUST CURIOUS HOW DO YOU KNOW ROGER IS LYING ......I HAVE BEEN A YANKEE FAN FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND THE ONLY PLAYER I AM CONVINCED DID STEROIDS WAS GIAMBI.........JUST BECAUSE PETITTE ADMITTED TO TAKING SOMETHING?????????? DOESNT MEAN ROGER IS LYING....OH YEAH HIYA J..........THANKS

just wondering

...TA DUM TA DUM....JUST LETTING MY HARDENER DRY...HAHAHAHA...OK...SO I'M REALLY BORED!! HAHAHA

just wondering

...OH HI LILLIE...R WE TALKING TO THE STERNOIDS????...I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THEM!!!...OH SORRY, THIS IS ABT STEROIDS!!!!!...THIS IS A PRETTY QUIET SPOT!! HAHAHHAHA......SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT A BOOK WHILE MY NAILS DRYED!!

just wondering

...L...IS THAT PETE GIAMBI?? SERIOUSLY, IF i GET THIS RIGHT...WELL..U SHOUDL BE IMPRESSED!!!!!!! HAAHAHHA

April Fouels

Bloody Mary, say Candyman,3 times, looking in the mirror

AlwaysHungry

The show is just trying to get its name out.

Jack

ITS JASON GIAMBI.............IF THIS IS TOO MUCH WE CAN MOVE ON TO ANOTHER POST!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just wondering

...DAMM....I WANTED TO BE RIGHT...WELL I TRYED...WHERES THE NEXT STOP...THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT FOR THE 3 MUSKETEERS IN THE OLD DAYS EH?? HAHAHAHAHA..PERFECT QUIET SITE!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments