Brit Could Be Involuntary Commitment Candidate

1/31/2008 10:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

La La

#124: SHUT YOUR PISS FLAPS FOOL! IF YOU THINK BRITNEY'S CONFIDENTIALITY IS BEING ABUSED, THEN WHY IS YOUR SORRY ASS ON HERE, HMMMM??? DUMBASS!

bayo

PLEASE LEAVE HER ALONE, SO SHE CAN GET THE MEDICAL CARE SHE NEEDS. YALL LEFT HEATH LEDGER ALONE AND EVERYONE WITH COMMON SENSE KNOWS THIS WAS AN OVERDOSE INTENTIONAL OR NOT IT'S STILL WAS AN OVERDOSE!!!!! PEOPLE FEELINGS DOESN'T CHANGES THE TRUTH. COVERING UP THE TRUTH DOESN'T CONCEAL IT!!! MAJORITY OF PUBLIC OPINION DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!! LEAVE THIS YOUNG LADY ALONE SO SHE COULD GET THE HELP SHE NEEDS!!!!

divalasvegas

Well, it's about time!!! Lock her a$$ up for about 60 days, make her take her meds and maybe she can get her $h!t together. Her behavior has been deteriorating for a LONG time and no one wants to do anything about it. Thank God her psychiatrist made the call he did. It would be just a matter of time before she harmed herself or someone else. This chick is a freakin' time bomb. Her antics used be amusing, now it's just sad. It would be nice if her family cared enough to get her some help, but apparently riding the money train takes priority.

Debbie

Well suppossedly acccording to X17 - Sam showed up for visiting hours 4pm (CA time).. Thank god Mama was already there..

I hope that they won't let that snake in to see her .... Adnan was commenting on ET and everyone was saying he was just doing it for money - now on every website that you look at - Sam Lutfi has informed us... etc.... He's no better... And why in the world a Psychiatrist at UCLA Medical Center would want some fly-by-night suppossed manager in his own words - there for all the medical questions and history of their patient...

Go back to the gutter Sam - it's where you belong...

JEFF

I HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OK WITH YOU BRITNEY I AM GONNA PREY FOR YOU. THE PEOPLE SNAPPING PICTURE'S OF HER YOU NEED TO LEAVE HER ALONE JUST LET HER BE. IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN TO HER IT'S YOUR FAULT SHE IS VERY SICK YOU GUY'S SIMPLY SUCK........

SoHot

Meth Meth Meth Meth Meth

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Dear Brittney ; We are all so relieved you are safe in the hospital ! Keep away from YOUR VERSION OF HOWARD K STERN aka SAM LEFFTY sp ! THAT GUY IS BAD ! AND NOT THE GOOD BAD either ! HE wants to control you --- duh ! He LETS you think you're in charge , but you are not ! You are in DEEP DEEP SORROW ! A PAIN FEW CAN COMPREHEND < GET BETTER AND SOON YOUR BOYS will be back in your arms , where they belong ! WE are all pulling for you as long as you stay away from those IDIOTS who use AGGRESSION TO MAKE EVERYONE KEEP away. THEY ARE WIMPs ! They wouldn't be trying to control you if THEY HAVE LIVES OF THERI OWN ! TELL THOSE CREEPS TO FFOFF < IN YOUR BRITTICH ACCENT !

Ricky

WOW! Poor girl Hope she gets all the help she needs everyone deserves help even the bastards in Jails. She has fallen from fame I never been a Britney fan But the girl can put out catchy songs. I am sure she will be back Hard and Strong and Show everyone that she can Rise again! I cant believe how people can sit here and make mockery of her health situation you people are really sad and sick! And i work in the Medical Field I don't see how TMZ is getting this information on britneys status and stuff ! Where is the Patients Privacy Law? I think their source is full of $HIT!

Sparticus

*****Edward***** Very good! And well said!!!!.

Fred

I would bet the farm that the day will come when she is recovered and finds out tht all the people around her have drained her bank account.

The kindest and best thing that the judge who commits her could do is appoint a custodian who is really neutral and will keep the thieves away from her money and things.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

bipolarsufferer
i wasn't mocking your religion,i have a sponsor who i speak with i thought wiccans spoke with their priest or prieteses,sorry if i am mistaken,any way to a higher power is all good i would think

Cammie

Please leave this young woman alone as she is now in a professional care institution! Whoever is feeding this site information is violating the respect and privacy of a psychiatric staff's patient! Tomorrow, we all need to protest the continuation of TMZ making money off Britney Spears!

em

get better girl. your kids need you!

texas

I wish the Pop would leave her alone. I feel I am a pretty sane person, but I would be driven crazy pretty fast if I had people following my every waking move.

Jessica SImpson

I hope you die bitch. You walked in on my career anyways. You Louisiana whore. Go smoke meth with the skanks in Shreveport.