Brit Could Be Involuntary Commitment Candidate

1/31/2008 10:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

Baseball Junkie

Nobody...,
Sorry I misunderstood you. My point was that, contrary to what Edward said, I had not been repeatedly posting about my problems and you seemed to be agreeing with him. Yes, we do have priestesses and priests but I usually take my problems to my shrink. They've been more useful.

FlBiker

Can't feed herself? That fat pig is getting groceries someplace.

marilyn

Anyone that doesn't think she is mentally ill is being very naive.

You don't strut around naked showing yourself and behaving the way she is behaving if you are sane. she is also addicted to attention from wherever she can get it. It is time that the press stop being enablers like her so called friends.

she is a mother....if you are sane , you do whatever it takes to see your children.. that is so not the case with her.

while i feel sad... it is not for her. she is a privileged spoiled brat who thinks only of herself.

i will bet money that she will be out in a few days, she is so not going to be told what to do cuz she is BRITNEY SPEARS!

here's hoping that i am wrong, for the safety of anyone on Cal. road ways.

TMZ....ever heard of privacy laws concerning medical conditions I would hope your "sources" are not employees of UCLA?

That said.. I am no better for reading all of this stuff. At this point, I have little sympathy concerning Brit. Unless, of course, she straightens her a$$ out and tries to get better so the boys can see their mother. Can't imagine that their mental health is that good after living with her.

Now we know why K-fed got the hell out of there so quickly.

Quiggly

Quote: "you know if she is bipolar it has to stream from a family member,wonder who has it?"

That's not true. A doctor determines if she is able to manage her own finances and that's usually ONLY when you're on Social Security Disability Income.

It seems these days that you can't spit on the sidewalk without being labeled Bipolar or something. Maybe she does the things she does because she can.

dee

If posters are going to refer to "HIPPA", I wish they'd at least get the name right. It's "HIPAA". It stand for "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act". That aside, all employees of acute care facilities, SNF's, home care agencies and all ancillary services, have been required long before HIPAA regulations to sign confidentiality agreements as a condition of employment. Behavioral health patients have even more strict privacy regulations that are put upon the provider. If it's a hospital employee feeding this info to TMZ, then he/she should be terminated for cause immediately.

midwest gal

Do you all know about HIPPA laws??? It is illegal for medical personal to be telling you her medical condition or what is going on in the hospital.

I hope it isnt a "friend" of her yapping about her health.

to bad it wasn't sooner!

#155 well said! She doesn't care about the kids....she never did! Only cares about herself hummm I wonder the apple didn't fall from the tree did it!

Anya

If there is any truth to the rumours that Sam Lufti wants to get her help and her parents don't then I guess he's the good guy after all. Maybe they're the ones planting the stories about him being so bad. It's anyone's guess . Her parents are trash, that's certain. All the people who are posting the nasty comments about her and calling her moron,... do any of you even have souls?
No one ever warns women that if they have any mental problems they can escalate so drastically after having children. No one bothers to warn them. Having those two babies so quickly put her over the edge.
Living quietly is just not an option for her either, at this point even if she moved to the middle of the desert the paparazzi would follow her, that's not her fault. Poor kid, I hope she finally gets help and is able to get better. This is tragic.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

bipolar...
cool,peace out,going to bed

FlBiker

Mother of 2 and she goes out and buys a 2seat car the other day. Hey Britney, where you gonna put your babys.

What a complete failure as a mother and human being. Hopefully the hospital will OD the worthless piece of crap.

Jessica SImpson

I like to rub creamcorn into my vajayjay!

Sparticus

Man, We really F888 this girl up completely. We should have been up front with her and her dumb fans that Ms. spears was never meant to be a lasting phenomenon. oops!

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

FIBiker
i don't know one biker over 50 who isn't fat,

water

#145 (Happy To Be Me) Thank you- good message. I haven't wished her death, but have posted some pretty negative things. Your gentle karma reminder post should be read by everyone!

FlBiker

Drive a wooden stake thru her chest and be done with it.