Kat Von D -- Next Mel Gibson?

2/8/2008 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Upon being fired from "Miami Ink" last year, tattoo artist Kat Von D allegedly signed a photograph addressed to her former boss, Ami James, and drew a swastika and a flaming Star of David on it. Subtle, no?

Kat Von D
TMZ has obtained the photograph in question, a headshot of Kat that reads, "Burn in hell Jewbag." No one witnessed Kat write the message, but Chris Garver, another tattoo artist on "Miami Ink," tells TMZ Kat personally handed him the photo.

When Ami, who is Jewish, received the photo, sources tell us he went to TLC and was rebuffed. We're told after Ami had a lawyer intervene, TLC went to a handwriting analyst who concluded "there is a 99% probability that Kat Von D" wrote the message. In early July 2007, Avi's lawyer went to TLC with the analysis. They simply sent him a letter back that acknowledged receiving the results and said, "We trust that this information will be kept strictly confidential."

Kat's spinoff show, "LA Ink," premiered a month later.

When contacted about the photo, Ami told TMZ he wasn't as offended by the photo as he was by the indifference toward it, saying, "What is more devastating to me, and much more shameful is when people ignore something like this for the sake of the money or self-interest. That is the real 'punch in the gut.'"

TLC gave TMZ this statement: "A publicity photo was brought to the network's attention eight months ago that contained extraordinarily offensive language. A full investigation was immediately conducted to determine whether anyone associated with the network was involved. Kat vehemently denied authoring the text and after completing the investigation, it was determined that insufficient evidence existed to conclude that she had. Therefore, no disciplinary action was taken. The network always takes these matters seriously and follows what we believe to be an appropriate course of action as dictated by the circumstances and available information."

Kat's personal publicist issued this statement: "The recent accusation of a publicity photo of me with offensive and anti-semitic comments and graphics allegedly written by me is completely false and unfounded, and clearly a forgery. This was already proven many months ago to be 100 percent untrue. I always have been, and will continue to be an advocate for tolerance of all races, religions and ways of life."

stevefazek

Remember Call her up and let her know how you feel (323) 969-9820

jharter

that signature looks nothing like her usual handwriting. she didnt write it.

josh

she needs to go to hell with hitler. they take dog off and let Hitler stay on the air. kat (hitler) von d is a wast to our country

chick

i use to like her but the star grew her head and ego and now she's a hater bet she forgot were she came from!!!

Erica

I cannot believe so many people are willing to destroy someone on evidence that cant be substanitated. She is a a very charitable person who has donated her time and money to help those in need . Please stop trying to destroy someone who is being set up and framed. She worked for a man who was verbally abusive, self serving and a racist himself. If he was so loving why was he unable to set up a charitable event such as Kat did in order to help those less fortunate than himself? Why because he is a racist himself. He has been unable to see broader than his own religion on behalf of his art.
Racism is a very bad, hurtful and disgusting thing. Using it as a tool to bring down a competitor, and defame another persons name is completely unconsionable.
At this point, I feel it would be in everyones best interest to cancel both Miami Ink and LA ink. Since this could have been perpetrated by either party.

T

I really used to like her on Miami Ink, then on L.A Ink I liked her less and less. I actually believe this was a joke. A bad joke, which I don't think she realised would get so out of control. She probably hates Ami a lot, and wanted to annoy him, without realising people will actually think she's a Nazi. Also, just cause she's a tattoo artist doesn't mean the swastika and star of david has to be drawn perfectly. I'm a good drawer but I tend to scribble crap on paper all the time, so she might have to.

Point is, I think it was somewhat of a joke which went too far. She's dumb for doing it.

Brillia

Kat is a good girl. This is just a plot to discredit her. It's a forgery.

Virg

LORD! I am sure Ami or one of the boys from Miami created that. Hello, doesn't anyone remember that they fired her, only to have her turn around and get her own show, which has been far more successful than Miami Ink! Obviously they are grasping on to whatever they can to stay in the game. It really is pathetic of them. Furthermore, WTF does any of it have to do with whether or not she cheated on her husband or if she was dumped by that douchebag Orbi! 1978 called and they want their mustache back, he's a freakin goober!

ed1986

Ok so TLC sent out that photo to have it authenticated and many reports show that it was a 99% match of Kat Von D's signature. If they have that much proof they should take her off the air for being as offensive if not more to the Jews as Dog was to the African Americans. Why be that ignorant if you don't like someone for whatever reason suck it up and move on. Though Jews shouldn't be getting tattoos many do and she may have lost alot of her fan base. Why hit below the belt on a religious instead of on the person it self? Racist much? I think so.

wesley what what

it looks fake to me.

and she denied it.

until we hear from chris garvey on the record (from somepleace a little more reputable than tmz.com), there is no reason to believe this story.

Repulsed

OH I APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISTYPE...THAT'S WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU TYPE FAST. I DO NOT READ THESE COMMENTS TO SEE WHO MISPELLED WHAT. I'M NOT IGNORANT...IT'S THE TRUTH. KAT MAY LIKE MEXICO B/C SHE WAS BORN THERE BUT THAT IS SIMILAR TO MANY FOREIGNERS WHO LOVE AMERICA.

SO SHUT IT! SHE'S 100% WHITE EUROPEAN! THE LATINO THING IS JUST RIDICULOUS....AGAIN, THE LATIN LANGUAGE WAS SPOKEN BY THE ROMANS. SORRY, NAST MESTIZO'S YOU ARE BARELY EUROPEAN! QUIT CALLING YOURSELF LATINO- YOU'RE MORE INDIAN AND DEFINITELY LOOK IT

Posted at 1:39PM on Feb 9th 2008 by OH PLEASE

Please educate yourself:

1. Kat Von D stands for Katherine Von Drachenberg (my father is of German descent).

2. I speak fluent Spanish. It is my first language.

3. I dropped out of school, but I do not want to glorify that at all. I faced many, many downfalls.

4. My favorite tattoo artist is Kore Flatmo, who is based in Cincinnati. He tattooed the eyeball on my hand.

5. I am obsessed with photos of downtown L.A.

6. I have a brother and sister. I am close to both of them, and I have tattooed them both.

7. I have a tattoo portrait of my sister on my left arm.

8. I came to America when I was 4. I was born in Mexico.

9. Both of my parents are Argentinean.

10. The first tattoo I ever did was on a 14-year-old friend. It was of a Misfits skull.

11. In 2005, I got a chance to tattoo the Misfits drummer.

12. I love platform heels from the ‘70s.

13. I go to the movies all the time.

14. Favorite movies: The Devil’s Rejects, Zoolander, anything with Will Ferrell, Immortal Beloved, The Last Unicorn, Spinal Tap and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures.

15. Music is a huge part of my life. It influences my dress, my work … everything! I like everything from the New York Dolls to Slayer.

16. I love steak.

17. I never wanna have babies.

18. My favorite band is Motley Crüe. Seriously. But my favorite songs are by Beethoven.

19. My favorite Motley Crüe song is "Starry Eyes"; it's why I have stars on my face.

20. I own three pianos. One is in Dallas and the other two are in Hollywood.

21. I wear hair extensions (my hair is about shoulder length).

22. I love heavy metal, everything from glam to power metal.

23. I’m obsessed with Scandinavia, especially Finland. (I love the bands from there. I tattooed a Finnish band named Him and another named Bam Margera.)

24. I love glitter.

25. I own two sphinx cats (the hairless cats). One is named Hollywood and the other is Lebowski (Holly and Leebo).

26. I own a house in Dallas. I go there about once a month to tattoo.

27. I live in Hollywood, right in the center of everything. I can see the Chinese Theater from my apartment. I love L.A. and can’t see myself living anywhere else.

28. I love skateboarding. I skateboard to work all the time.

29. I am obsessed with Beethoven, and I have been playing classical piano since the age of 7. I love that Beethoven was a hopeless romantic, that he left everything he owned to the mysterious immortal beloved.

Argentina, officially the Argentine Republic (Spanish: República Argentina, Nación Argentina (Argentine Nation) for many legal purposes), is a South American country, constituted as a federation of twenty-three provinces and an autonomous city. It is second in size on the continent to Brazil and eighth in the world. Argentina occupies a continental surface area of 2,766,890 km² (1,068,302 sq mi) between the Andes mountain range in the west and the southern Atlantic Ocean in the east and south.

It is bordered by Paraguay and Bolivia in the north, Brazil and Uruguay in the northeast, and Chile in the west and south. The country claims the British controlled territories of the Falkland Islands (Spanish: Islas Malvinas) and South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands. Argentina also claims 969,464 km² (374,312 sq mi) of Antarctica, known as Argentine Antarctica, overlapping other claims made by Chile and the United Kingdom.

Argentina has the highest Human Development Index level and Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita in purchasing power parity in Latin America.[2][3] The country is currently classified as an Upper-Middle Income Country[4] or as a secondary emerging market by the World Bank.[5][6] Argentina's nominal GDP makes it the 31st largest economy in the world.[7]

Ashley

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT THE SWASTIKA WAS ADDED AFTERWARDS (NOT AT THE SAME TIME THE SIGNATURE WAS INKED) DUE TO THE POOL OF INK AT THE TOP OF THE IMAGE. THE SIGNATURE HAS BEEN CREDITIED TO KAT AS BEING 99% REAL BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN SHE WROTE THE REST OF THE WORDS.
ONE COULD EASILY TAKE AN ALREADY SIGNED PICTURE OF KAT VON D AND THEN ADD THE SWASTIKA AND WORDS WITH THE SAME COLOURED PEN WITH HER NOT EVEN THERE.

TMZ.COM SHOULD COLLECT A REAL AUTHETICATED (SP?) LETTER WRITTEN BY KAT VON D SO WE CAN LOOK AT THE LETTERS OURSELVES AND MAKE OUR OWN JUDGEMENT.

TO ME, THIS IS A RIP OFF AND NOT REAL. I TRUELY BELIEVE KAT AND TLC, NOT BECAUSE I LOVE HER OR ANYTHING BUT BY THE LOOKS OF HOW "REAL" THE MESSAGE LOOKS AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS WRITTEN AFTER THE SIGNATURE WAS INKED.

Charlie Don't Surf

So hawt. She could be reading from Mein Kampf or the Torah...I couldn't care less....she's sooo hawt, i'm puttin' oscar meyer on the stretcher rack right now.

Southern Gent

Kat keep your head up and don't listen to all this crap. You are above all this. There is alot of hate in this world and i don't picture you in it. Envy is a real B*TCH. Dont let this sour you. Stay true to yourself. Only god can judge.

Twidget

I think you're the one with the small IQ, chas, based on your comments about people with tattoos. I am highly educated, work professionally as a writer and have an IQ of 155...as well as several tattoos, including my wedding ring. There is no correlation whatsoever - other than in your own tiny mind - between low IQ and tattoos.

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments