Mischa Barton Charged With DUI, Pot Possession

2/26/2008 8:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the L.A. District Attorney is charging Mischa Barton with four misdemeanor counts: driving under the influence, driving with a blood alcohol level of .08% or higher, driving without a license and possession of marijuana (under an ounce) -- all stemming from her December 27 arrest.
Read the docs
The former "O.C." star was pulled over in West Hollywood, Calif. last year. Cops said she "was seen straddling two lanes of traffic and failed to signal when making a turn." When deputies pulled her over, they determined that she "was an unlicensed driver and was driving while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage."

Her next court date is February 28.

SAxlerod

Who knew she was a loser?? Okay, I did. So what parent, manager, enabler or other ass kisser in her pack would let her drive without a license? Is this all just what people with no talent will do to stay in the limelight?? Damn shame what Hollyweird has become. It's a shame that all of these trainwrecks can't get drink and high on life! Oh, one more thing, what some acting?

tim

Rehab for a woman. prison for a man.

Ann

Who cares? People make a big deal out of nothing! Half of the people commenting are not even old enough to drink...OR are guilty themselves of DUI...only have never gotten caught yet. It's only a crime if you get caught, right?

Pink to the Lee (formerly Pinky Lee)

Actually Ace1 I've never made the mistake of doing drugs or driving drunk.
Moving on....I suppose they will give her the customary punishment of 12 min. in jail. Or perhaps that is too harsh a sentence for her. Maybe they should make her watch her old show, The o.c.

me

ok screw the pot....seriously....why in the hell do all of these a$$holes in LA drive around on a suspended liscense. is it the "in" thing to do on your planet? really.....someone please explain that to me!

me

and for you ann.... you're only speaking to yourself sweetheart so stfu you dumbass!

Jennifer

WHO IS SHE?? I mean I've seen pictures of her all over, but what in the world is she famous for?? I seriously don't know-- Can someone please tell me!!
Thanks :)

Deej

Hey, ace1, when you get hit by a drunk driver you'll sing a different tune. Accidents and mistakes are what happen on a regular basis out on the roads. DUIs are completely avoidable and shouldn't EVER happen. I, myself, just suffered being hit at a high rate of speed by a super-drunk driver that was 54 years old while I was stopped at a red light...5 months pregnant, no less. DUIs should be treated much more seriously than they are. Most people that have one continue to get behind the wheel. Shame on her. She's not much younger than I. She's old enough to know better. Anyone over the age of 9 knows better.

Robyn

If I was a character on a cheesy Teen show like the O.C. and I was killed off, left with no career, then I would probably become a pot smoking drunkard too! Congrats!!

JK

Oh Mischa prissy-pus..what have you done now

Kara

Who is She and what has she done?? I dont know her but the name...Why do they all get caught??? DONT drink and drug and drive

Oscar in Miami Beach

To the clinker with the bitch, cried the crowd hungry for blood. I second the motion. Lock her up for a year.Use her to set an example to all Hollywood celebrities that are out of hand with their excesses and to everybody else that emulate them.

*LAhottstuffgrrl*

She swears she is A lister celebrity!!!!! please the O.C sucked it got better when she left to pursue her career!! Ha ha ha what career!!!

what a bitch.

tmz sucks. perez is # 1,

ME

SHE WON'T SPEND ONE SECOND IN JAIL. THESE CELEBRITIES MAKE ME SICK. IF IT WAS A "NORMAL" PERSON WE WOULD ALREADY BE IN PRISON. ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR. OUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO THE BIRDS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments