Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

george

BS> He should join Emeril; and go to Martha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

D

lolol.... and the show was titled 'Impossible'.. too funny. lol.

dee

This news was disheartening. I hope the food network reconsiders. Dinner Impossible was one of the best shows they have I look forward to watching it every week. Give Robert a break. Reprimand him in some way but keep him on the show

Glochef

that sucks i loved that show. who cares if he lied. hes the perfect host for the show, it was very entertaining. maybe he should have been told to make a public apology. cmon who can honestly say they havent lied or bent the truth on a resume or job application to make u sound better than the next guy.
give him a chance to fix his screw up....

JEANNE

''SO WHAT?? NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET ON THE SHOW., HE'S GOOD AT HIS JOB.

Lily

If they fire him after all this time as a good host and a great chef then when they do replace him i wont watch that show anymore. Shame on YOU foodnetwork! You dont proof read the recipes posted on your site and have cost your fans thousands of dollars from ruined recipes they followed here in good faith and you have the balls to fire him for exaggerating? Foodnetwork youre making a big mistake.

BIG FAN OF THE SHOW

BEST SHOW ON FOOD NETWORK - I THINK HE SHOULD BE ASKED TO APOLOGIZE TO HIS FANS AND THE
SHOW SHOULD STAY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF A PRESIDENT CAN APOLOGIZE (AND LIE AT THAT) AND STAY
PRESIDENT, I THINK ROBERT SHOULD BE PERMITTED TO CONTINUE TO ENTERTAIN US WITH HIS WONDERFUL EPISODES.......................................

solomeeeo

Just goes to show you, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

jude

YAH THEIR HAS TOO BE MORE TOO THIS HE WAS GREAT ON THAT SHOW I THINK HE HAS PROVED HIMSELF,I SEE NO NEED IN FIRING THE GUY HE ONLY DID WHAT MOST AMERICANS DO EVERYDAY TO GET A FOOT IN THE DOOR BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES U A CHANCE ANYMORE UNLESS U WORKED FOR THE QUEEN,AND ISNT IT THEIR MISTAKE ANYWAYS HOW DO U GIVE SOMEONE THEIR OWN SHOW WITHOUT CHECKING HIM OUT..KEEP HI M HE IS GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES THATS IT.FIRE RACHEL RAY SHE IS THE MOST ANNOYING BITCH I EVER SEEN OR HAVE HEARD ..... GOD I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doris

the president lies, clemmens lies, this guy only lied to get a job give me a break, I enjoy his program give him a break, even the Dog got a break

FOOD TV CRITIC

He was the second most obnoxious and arrogant host they had on that network..... close on teh heels of Bobby Flay. OMG where did they find these egomaniacal cooks?????

Sam

He was a jag anyway!

sage

Gosh I will miss his show it was the best on the food network! He was very entertaining not only on his impossible dinners but as a person. Who cares if he lied or stretched the truth the show was good and much better than other shows they have. I am glad I have his book, but wish I would have gotten my impossible dinner chalange in to him before this happened.

sage

AP

Kitty...you think they're going to get rid of someone who's worth a goldmine to them? Not happening. Rachael Ray is a goldmine to Food Network. They'd be stupid to let her go right now.

debbie

I'D LIKE TO RESPOND TO #10................YOU ARE WRONG TO SAY EVERYONE LIES ON THEIR RESUME............SOME ARE ABLE TO BE TRUTHFUL AND ACTUALLY GET A JOB. MOST PEOPLE EVENTUALLY GET CAUGHT AT SOMETHING MAJOR LIKE FALSE REPRESENTATION,OF COURSE, ALL YOU STAND TO LOSE IS YOUR REPUTATION AND ABILITY TO BE TRUSTED. GET AWAY WITH THAT AND WHO KNOWS WHERE THAT MIGHT POSSIBLY LEAD, LIKE PRISON. I WORKED IN LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR YEARS AND CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I HEARD THE WORDS, "I JUST NEVER THOUGHT I'D GET CAUGHT." COME ON PERSON #10, HAVE SOME PRIDE IN YOURSELF.