Heath Ledger's Treasured Van Stolen

3/2/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's father Kim -- who is sorting out his deceased son's estate -- has discovered that Heath's cherished 1975 green Volkswagen van was stolen around the time of his death, and his father desperately wants it back.

According to news.com.au, Kim reported the stolen van to Australian police last Friday. Heath had reportedly given the van to a long-time friend for safekeeping when he moved to the U.S. from Australia.

Because of Heath's celebrity and mass vehicle upgrades, the van is now valued at $70,000.

Big Daddy

Very interesting, thanks

b

soon to be on ebay...

Kelli

I have it.

Baseball Junkie

How low can you go for money? Apparently a lot lower than a snake's belly. The bastard who took it is going to go straight to hell.

Go Sox

crabbie

Heath doesn't need it anymore.

Kelli

I have it.

He's Boring now

whats the old man want it for? he dont need the dough. and if he hasnt known where the frick it is since he went to the US he couldnt have been that attached or interested in it...why didnt he just keep or store it for Heath?

whatever...I hope he finds it if its going to bring some level of comfort to him for it

Sarah

WOH...THAT'S JUST SICK. HOW PATHETIC SOME PEOPLE ARE. WHILE AT MY MOM'S HOUSE AFTER HER FUNERAL, SOMEONE WALKED INTO HER BEDROOM AND STOLE A LOT OF HER JEWELRY. WE COULD ALL SEE THE BEDROOM BUT NO ONE NOTICED. IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS ON 26 MARCH AND IT STILL HAUNTS ME. IT WOULD HAVE HURT HER TO KNOW SOMEONE DID THAT.

BY

What does the family care? It's not like Heath needs it anymore or they need the money?! Whatever is wrong with the disgusting person that took that car, is wrong with you people as well, though to a lesser degree. It belonged to their son and it cearly meant a lot to him - you certainly don't see many celebrities driving around in green VW vans! At any rate, you do have to sink unbelieveably low to steal that car. That poor family.

Major Foot Man

I didn't think there was a VW bus on the planet worth $70,000. Maybe that's 70,000 Australian dollars.

Something sounds fishy

1975 green Volkswagen van and mass vehicle upgrades? The two do not seem to go together.

Cartman

The writing was on the wall... who else but a drug addict would put $70K into a '75 Volkswagen van?

Megan

As the owner of a 1974 Volkswagen van, the idea of one going for $70,000 nearly caused my heart to stop. What did he upgrade it with? Platinum? Even with ridiculous amounts of upgrades, I doubt most vans would sell for over $10,000.. and that is probably pushing it.

Vall

All tyhe vultures come out when someone dies. Just like Kennedy's story, when my great-aunt died (she had no living husband or children) several family members went into her house and literally cleaned it out. Her estate attorney was furious but didn't do anything. My great-aunt knew she was dying and set aside a few pieces of jewelry for me and my sister (who were not in on the raid) and a family friend gave them to us at the funeral home before the burial. What angered me the most was that the people who took things without permission, hadn't even seen her in years!!! The nerve! Sorry for your loss Mr. Ledger, I'm sure the van was precious to you and your family. Maybe it will get returned.

james b`

I am missing a wht 1972, last seen Colorado. I have heard they have gone up quite a bit in value but.... I would be currious to know what he added. Slow going anywhere, quick only downhill w/ correct wind conditions. They still got better gas milage than many cars/ect today.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments