"Idol" Michael Johns: Big Ballin'

3/7/2008 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Before the Aussie hottie was on "American Idol," Michael Johns used to get sweaty with a group of burly men -- his Australian rules football team!
Michael Johns: Click to launch
In 2001-2002, Johns played centre half-forward for the Atlanta Kookaburras. The position is a physically demanding one, where he kicked 24 goals, including 11 in one game, which TMZ is told is the equivalent of 6 or 7 touchdowns.

The Kookas have been holding "AI" viewing parties each week at a local Atlanta bar to raise support and have also encouraged voting on their website. Also, the local FOX channel, WAGA, will have an interview with Johns about playing footy on Tuesday.

frowmal

he's an American Australian. ever heard of that?

so he is still apparently American, dumb@$$.

PLUS, HE'S HOT and smexxay ;)

Jenny

I also wondered over the whole Australian thing. Surely, if you're Australian, you shouldn't be qualified to be on *American* Idol. People who come to this country don't really belong here, do they? I mean, they can live here for years, but does that make them American? And if they become citizens... doesn't that mean that they're *American* citizens? What else would they be? Sure, they're roots are from Australia but doesn't spending your whole adult life in America, and becoming a citizen of this country... actually make you an *American* citizen? Aren't we all, somehow in past generations, immigrants from one country or another? If Michael Johns has chosen to call this country his home, then who am I to question that? Australian-American or American-Australian.... that's American enough for me. Besides, he's really hot. He's more than welcome to light my American fire!

Cp3o

Thanks for the interesting news

Andrew

i thought that david cook, michael johns, anddavid archuletta were #1,2, & 3. what a travesty to be voted off. i serioulsy think the voters have an "age" bias. youth equals winning. i think that jason castro isn't as good as his votes, but he's young, and appeals to the voters. last year i liked melinda. thought this year, there should be a dilemma between david cook & michael johns( the most talented), but david archuletta will win based on age. the voters are a younger crowd. 29 is too old.
really a sad reflection of american society. hope michael johns becomes a star. i truly think he reminds me of the late singer from INXS! best of luck to you. you deserve it!

thats right

he's yummy

whatever tha fu*!/rockergirl

before u post; SPAMMERS GO AWAY !! NO ONE IS BUYING UR B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!! DATE.X*COM'S OR CELE*B.BLOGS.COM OR MILLIONS*DATES*.COM'S !!

tracey

HE'S HOT AND OBVIOUSLY MULTI-TALENTED!

judi

I LIKE HIM....WOOHOO!!! HOT SO HOT!!!

noitall

AMERICAN idol ......... GET IT ? AMERICAN !!!!! How does this Aussie (talented or not) get on AMERICAN idol???!!???

idiots

he's so sexy. and he's consistant and can actually sing

niki

Ok...NOITALL- you are either a very ugly jealous male....or very ugly stupid girl! Be quiet...just enjoy his AMAZING voice, wonderful accent and GORGEOUS body and face! :-)

BillyBong

"Millionaire"
"Billionaire"
"Wealthy"
"Uniform"

add to "cupid" "dating" "match" or "singles" and you have the address for a HACKER VIRUS SITE

"I saw his/her profile on my virus hacker web site!"
"I chatted with him / her last week on my virus hacker web site!"
"Did you know his/her profile is on my virus hacker web site?"
"He / she is very pretty. I saw her on this virus hacker website..."
"Can you believe she posts on my hacker virus website?"

All these clever posts are trying to trick you into clicking their HACKER VIRUS SITE and infecting your hard drive and stealing your identity.

DON'T FALL FOR IT

jas

12.27 - he is married to an American and has American citizenship you f!@#er

Christopher

Michael Johns is HOT, HOT, HOT. He has a smokin' body and a great ass!

Doris M.

Good Lord he's SEXY....We should all vote for him so we can keep seeing his face...yum yum yum

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments