Poison's Rikki Rockett

Arrested on Rape Warrant

3/28/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0328_rikki_rockett_fm-1The drummer for everyone's fave 80's hair band, Poison, was arrested Monday on a rape warrant out of Mississippi as he got off a flight from New Zealand at LAX.

46-year-old Rikki Rockett was busted by the Airport Division of the LAPD as he was going through customs. As the LA Daily News first reported, Rockett, a former hairdresser whose real name is Richard Ream, was transported to the L.A. County Jail, where he was booked on a felony fugitive sexual assault warrant out of Neshoba County, Mississippi. Where Rockett is exactly right now we don't know.

Information about the warrant and specific charges was not immediately available.

Rockett and singer Bret Michaels -- high school classmates -- founded Poison together. He was in New Zealand to reunite and perform with other original members of the band at Rock2Wellington, a huge heavy metal show.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Tommy Sweet

That ain't right. Rikki ain't a rapist. I won't believe that. Indescent exposure due to alchohol consumption, maybe, rape, heck no! Let Rikki go!

Cam

"He was in New Zealand to reunite and perform with other original members of the band at Rock2Wellington, a huge heavy metal show." Read: They were playing, among other acts, at Wellington, NZ's equivilant of a county fair.
These washed-up losers, with their frighteningly wretched lack of hygiene, haven't played an A-venue since Bill Clinton was in his first term. They sucked, then ... and, they could not book my old high school, now.
Funny enough, I was in a Target Dept store, over the weekend. There, deeply submerged in the $4.99 & Under" bargain CD bin, ... was Poison's first release. Given this breaking so-called news ... How timely. How appropriate.
Lastly, as a former hairdresser, himself - rokket, now a middle-aged man in his mid/late 40's - should hang himself in embarrassment with that hair-do.

Meow

Why do people keep posting, "He does not NEED to rape."?

How ignorant. Do all of you that keep posting that comment on here and other boards think that rapists can't get laid, seriously?

Oh please. Learn some facts about rape, it's about power.

calgoseal

Kelli doesn't have a boyfriend so she does'nt have to worry about being raped

AngieLee

This is still the United States of America and people are still innocent until proven guilty. It is not the publics job to be the judge or jury, just a panel of his peers. I love Poison and so do my teenage kids...they are legendary to my era and I think they still "ROCK"

WILLIAM MARTIN

HER NAME ISNT JOANNE OR REGINA IS IT ????LET ME KNOW CAUSE I KNOW THESE MISS. HUSTLERS....CONARTISTS !!!!!

MS Grl

I believe here in Mississippi, and probably in most parts of the US, sexual assault or rape can mean what most of us think of as rape or it can mean other things like having sex with a minor (statutory rape-in Mississippi is just rape or sexual assault) or having sex with someone and knowingly giving them an STD or having sex with someone when they are intoxicated. The only thing in Neshoba County, MS is a couple casinos. There could have been alot of drinking going on. Who knows. I don't know the details of this case. Yes, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. But, the reason women do not report rape is because of the way alot of the people on this site are reacting. Everyone should let the courts work this out and support rape victims. People who falsely report rapes and other crimes should be punished severely.

amberbrushetteisasleaze

if this guy did me i would be embarased to tell anyone. having sex with this girly girl stuck in the 80's/. brett is disgusting with those stupid head scarfes. who goes to see these washed up losers. i mean c'mon they are a bunch of old men trying to act young. they all have hep c anyhow.

amberbrushetteisasleaze

DesiMoon1

I'm really shocked to hear about this - in all these years Rikki has never had bad press or been in trouble that I'm aware of. He seems like a nice guy - I really hope that this charge is false and if it is, shame on that woman for making it harder on real victims! And I just have to add of course, IF it's true, Rikki, you totally suck! But I have a really strong feeling that it's NOT true, and so best of luck to him!

Logically Speaking

the LA Daily News says "LAPD busted the rocker at LAX on Monday night on the warrant, but let him go after Mississippi law enforcement decided not to extradite him, pending official charges from the Neshoba County District Attorney" so it sounds like it's just a he-said, she-said thing at this poiont. maybe this girl got caught and needs a handy excuse so she filed the charge.

Merl

Just the thought of him having herpes is a big turnoff. I know why I never went to see him at HJs in Baltimore. No matter if he was the finest lookin dude in the world, and the star of all my hottest fantasies; there was no way that I wanted the clap; and he was getting way too much ass back then and that was also a putoff. Besides,. HJs was too rough for a nice girl like me; and I was not sure if I would make it out of there safely. I once had one of his posters up at work and most people especially my super were not impressed; saying that the whole bunch looked like road kill. However, I still don't think he did it; although now I definitely do not dream about being one of his girlfriends.

BigMertRocks

I know Rikki personally & I'm sorry. there's NO WAY he'd rape anyone !!! Now, I wasn't there to witness anything, but it SOUNDS TO ME like someone got mad Rikki WOULDN'T do something & now this. If I'm wrong, I apologize but in my opinion..... Rikki is Innocent !!!

Tonya

Ok. I know this guy. This is crap. I've known him for 20 years. He is a sweetheart. Some chic is upset he DIDN'T do something with her. Just watch....he'll be vindicated. I feel so bad for him.

gary j. kyme

i think its b.s shes after a pay day

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8