Oprah to Obama -- You're Bringin' Me Down!

4/10/2008 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barack bad for Oprah?Is Brad Pitt's 9th cousin to blame for Oprah's decline?

Recent polls are showing that the empress of daytime's Obama endorsement have been good for him, but totally effed her up!

A poll taken in February of last year, prior to the Big O's decision to back her home state Senator, found that 74% of Americans had a favorable view of the talk show queen. Another poll taken several months after her endorsement, show Oprah's rating to have plunged to 61%.

Oprah's big give indeed.

The big kicker was last month's AOL poll that revealed that 46% of Americans found Ellen to be the daytime host who "made their day" over Oprah's measly 19%. The same poll found 47% wanted to break bread with Ellen while only 14% wanted to dine with Oprah. And Oprah's got all those fancy chefs working for her!

Good thing Oprah's got gal-pal Gayle to share a tub of ice cream with...

MrsMcB

I'm so over Oprah! She is full of herself and thinks everything she touches is gold. Obama is so irritating it's no wonder he is bringing her ratings down. Maybe if Oprah focused on people rather than power (like she used to) then she would get back her audience's appreciation. Ellen, on the other hand, is just plain FUN to watch. She is someone who you'd want as a friend to hang out with. Oprah is someone you just want for money and power.

Insert comical name here

I never understood the appeal of O, I tried to watch her show a couple of times but found it totally unentertaining. Ellen almost always makes me laugh however. The Obama endorsement was just was too predictable and overdone, like she knows so much more than the rest of us and must share her vast wisdom. She knows how to make a buck, I'll give her that, a political scientist she ain't.

HeavenHelpHer

I don't understand why people were so surprised that Oprah was a Obama supporter. It is so sad that people would stop watching a show that they have watched for years because of who she chooses to endorse for President. She is entitled to her own opinions. I think that everyone who has stopped supporting her because of that are as fake as $3 bills.

Mary Worth

To build up Ellen at the expense of Oprah and Obama is deviousness. Ellen isn't all that appealing. Her dancing is third grade!

Oprah appeals mainly to whites and blacks. Hardly any in-betweens. So some whites turn against her because she believes in Obama. Only tells me that much of America is still judging a person by his/her color.

Katy Pack

Has anyone stopped to consider the REAL reason Oprah's ratings could be going down is because of the church of her's. I, along with lots of others was in total shock when we saw the clip on her so called church! Very very disappointing. I'm not an Obama supporter, but I truly believe he is not the cause of her downfall. It's her ownself!

me

I am glad her ratings are going down. I think she is a racist pig.

Insert comical name here

Observer,
I don't get it. If white people don't like Obama because he is black then why did they like Oprah before she supported him. She looks black to me also. If white people dislike blacks in general wouldn't they have dislike Oprah from the get go??? And Ellen doesn't dance to try to be good at it, she does it because it is fun.

noitall

OPRAH IS SPREAD TOO THIN. SHE'S EVERYWHERE AND PEOPLE ARE OVER HER. SHE CAN TRY AND BUY POPULARITY WITH HER "bIG gIVE" SHOW, BUT SHE'S PLAYED OUT. IT'S LIKE IN THE" WIZARD OF OZ" WHEN THEY DISCOVER IT'S JUST A MAN, A REGULAR PERSON BEHIND THE CURTAIN. OPRAH IS JUST A REGULAR PERSON,, NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. SHE NEEDS TO GET OVER HERSELF..............

Gigi

I would never vote for any candidate because of a celebrity endorsement. Her influence however is vast...and that is really frightening at times. Sometimes she comes across down-to-earth...like when they do a show about underwear. Then she gets into subjects that she needs to stay out of, because her wealth and influence do not make her an authority or qualified to do so....ie---politics, government, and religion. I think equally, if not more damaging, as her Obama endorsement is this whole Eckhart Tolle thing she's working now. That book is the biggest bunch of crap ever written. And people will buy it, read it, and totally embrace it because it has "her" blessing. It will bite her butt eventually.

j

Ellen is much more entertaining than Oprah. I use to be a huge Oprah fan and then i started watching Ellen. I would rather watch someone who is upbeat than someone that never lets anyone talk. If you haven't noticed.. Oprah NEVER lets anyone speak. Plus Ellen is fun with both her audience and her guests. GO ELLEN!!

me

I was over oprah before the backing of obama.

Alexa

It's outrageous that Oprah supports Obama despite the fact that he and Michelle don't respect our country. But then again, she's not alone. It looks like it may take us another 8 years before people finally smarten up.

Skeeter

She is so full of herself and on such a power trip that the average person can't relate to her anymore. I never watched her show because I never found her to be very interesting or entertaining. She was in the right place at the right time and made it big. Now it's Ellen's turn. Ellen is very nice and entertaining, although I don't often watch her show either. Who has time during the day to sit and watch t.v.? Hmmmm, that's why Oprah has survived for so long.

Yada, Yada, Yada

To many people depand on Oprah for advice and when it comes to a vital Presidential race she should not have promoted her opinions on National Televsion. Her backing of Obama carries very serious ramifications. Just what America needs in an another inexperienced President.

Insert comical name here

KatyP...I heard she actually left that church years ago because she was uncomfortable with the 'tone'. Thats a point in her favor if you ask me, at least she was a lot smarter than our friend BO on that score. I have often wondered why the racial problems in this country seem to be getting worse, if that is what people are hearing from a pastor in church its a wonder the problems aren't worse.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments