Imagine Me and You, I'll Sue

5/13/2008 9:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two members of the 60's group, The Turtles (you know, "Happy Together'), have sued Capitol Records over an Ice Cube song -- bitches!
Click to read the documents!
According to the suit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Flo & Eddie recorded a song in 1972 for The Turtles called "Buzzsaw." The suit claims the song was sampled in a rap song by Ice Cube called "Jackin' for Beats." Flo & Eddie allege Capital signed a deal for the derivative song but went beyond the agreement to make even more money.

Flo & Eddie want minimum $25,000 but not more than $70,000. We know, it's weird to set a limit when you sue.

Capital, Eddie & Flo -- not happy together.

Click to hear! Click to hear!

wasted days and wasted nights

Turtles today, Chipmunks tomorrow.

Biff

All Rappers Steal chops and Sample them from Hit Songs, what else is new. There just looking for a Quick Buck off of somebody elses Talent.

Kelli

Who? Please remove the pic on the right, not good.

rachel

Hey, the old guys need their money for pensions and health care.
Rappers get their money from drugs and end their careers in a gun fight,
so they don't need pensions and health care.

go to bed, kids, if you don't get a joke

Brett

I listened to both and couldn't find any similarities. I believe that D-Nice sampled "Buzzsaw" in his song "Call Me D-Nice."

wikked_angel

OMG I to me they have different sounds/beats. WTF.

Jaywent123

Brett, that's because TMZ played the wrong part of the song. If you go to Youtube and look it up, you will clearly hear the Buzzsaw song a little sped up but that's it clearly. Funny thing is I always like that particular beat that Cube jacked. The whole song is made of extremely funky beats.

Jeremy Bosco

Are you kidding me? They sound absolutely NOTHING alike. I guess Flo & Eddie are broke, and are trying to make a quick buck, or something. That's what you get when you have absolutely NO TALENT, guys.

miz

hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, tell them to holla at d-nice ,lol

matt

most definitely used by D-Nice before Ice Cube. I think cube was sampling from D-Nice - turtles should be suing the latter

Poonannie

If you think Flo & Eddie have no talent, you should just stop listening to music right now. You have no hope of ever appreciating great music.

"There just looking for a Quick Buck off of somebody elses Talent."

It's they're not there and Flo $ Eddie aren't strapped for cash. The small amount asked for it mainly to get the credit they deserve for having their work ripped off by yet another no talent "artist".

Brootis

TMZ posted the wrong part of the Ice Cube song.

Go to Youtube and search Ice Cube Jacking for Beats.

You will hear the sample clearly from the Turtles as well as samples from a few other songs.

david

If they're that hard up for money why not just license another one of their songs for use in a commercial?

D-NICE

Hey D-Nice is the one that should be sued

me

They don't sound the same AT ALL to me. But I would like to point out that BOTH of them SUCK ass!
God! I'm going to write songs about farts. FARTS! Farts would sound better than this crap!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments