Sanjaya Prepares for Retirement

5/27/2008 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hold on to your scrunchie! Despite being on his 16th minute of fame, pony-hawked "Idol" wannabeen Sanjaya Malakar is going Nationwide.

Instead of performing at the opening of an outlet mall or local balloon festival like his fellow "Idol" losers, Sanji followed in the bankrupt footsteps of MC Hammer and Kevin Federline and filmed the latest ad for Nationwide insurance in India today.

The theme of the commercial is about planning for your retirement -- something that happened to Sanjaya the minute he was voted off "A.I."

Sharona

Sanjaya is a great person. You don't see him bad mouthing TMZ or anybody else do you. Don't make fun of him because of his hair. If you are going to do that then make fun of David Cook and that "I just got out of bed" look!

amy

the guy is a big "zero" as far as show business is concerned!! his career will always be little commercials or stupid "albums" that no-body xcept his stupid fans will buy. I mean he got beat by Jordan Sparks who only won cause she was the best out of that group. Someones gotta win, & so far there have only been a few longterm sucesses from ai. he is not one. sorry to all his "little happy" fans

Ryan

He and David Archuleta can compare notes on how to give canned and scripted interviews, fake smiles, and how to cover up for their seedy relations. Since Jeff's poor wife has already tried to escape, and mammajaya is once again single, they can become the new power couple. Also, will someone give Shyamali a job she deems worthy?

anon

He saved that lame show. Ratings nose dived after they kicked him off. Vote riggers.
He does need to grow a pair and kick sis and mum to the curb, though. They are only dragging him down.

pop eye

My Goodness, I love Eastern Inidan men. As much as I love my husband, and am very happily married, if I by chance were to ever find myself single, I would definitely go for an Indian man. I just can't put my finger on it; they just seem like they would be way sexy and attentative. Am I wrong?

lunatic

does anyone know the brand of his shoes ?

Thanks ^_^ !

anon

I hope they market this to a national audience. targeting just the southeast asian community would be silly and a waste. It's also pretty ethnocentric, as he has many white and african american fans.

xxNySk8terxx

"How he gets an attention at all is a mystery to me" Its because hes hot, you know it, I know it, and alot of younger people agree. Im not sure about a CD, I've been hearing that it was supposed to be released for some time now. I think instead of music, he would be better off modeling or doing those dumb kid shows. Anyway, I hope he finds a really hot guy in NY. With all his hotness, he deserves it, you know that. Soon he will be old enough to go to the clubs in NYC, and there will be lots of guys flocking all over him, trust.

Booboo

I never watch American Idol, but like everyone else in the world, I'm familiar with Sanjaya. Maybe he can't sing well, but it's 2008 and that does not matter anymore. That's what technology in the recording studio is there for - it can make anyone sound good. Sanjaya has star quality, and that's far more important than a great voice. I like the guy and hope that he succeeds at whatever he does. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say for most of the losers featured on TMZ.

anon

Jorbacca is only hanging on due to 19Evil's payola. She is not a cash cow, no matter how she dresses, and I'm sure they are pissed that Randy Jackson planted her. They screwed up even more this year in the gardening department, and had to dump the imported frauds and let a real guy win because everyone is on to them. Many fantards still want to have sex with Sanjaya, if he likes it or not. Too bad for Blake. He can always duet with Carly at the state farms in the pig barn.

Sandra

Wow snickerdoodle! You are very distrurbing!!! Are you okay? Frightening, really.

anon

Danny Noriega did not get a finale ticket because of George Michaels. Bitch. Ever hear of sharing?

anon

Check out dazeoffire . con

anon

OMG. I just heard that Blake Lewis set Constancrap up!!! They were doing blow in the loo, and he wanted to get the heat off him. Kudos Blake. Smooth Machiavellian move. I'd buy your CD just for that, but the cover embarrasses me. Sorry. My mom won't let me download it off ITunes, or use her credit card to order it from best buy or amazon.

Ryan

He has a great career ahead of him as an escort. I would be happy to represent and manage him, for a 50% cut.