Tyler Blames Rehab on Agony of Da Feet

5/29/2008 7:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rocker Steven Tyler just issued a statement to TMZ about his recent stint in rehab. He claims his "trademark athletic performances" injured his feet, requiring surgery and causing him a bunch of pain. Guess it was hard on the knees!

Tyler tells TMZ "The doctors told me the pain in my feet could be corrected but it would require a few surgeries over time. The 'foot repair' pain was intense, greater than I'd anticipated. The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic. I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet. Make no mistake, AEROSMITH has no plans to stop rocking. There's a new album to record, then another tour."

As TMZ first reported, Tyler checked himself into Dr. Drew's rehab facility earlier this month.

Steven TylerAerosmith fan

Steven...you do what you have to do babe! I can't wait to see ya at your next concert! Love you!!

lol

I thought that was Sheryl Crow when I first glanced at the photo.

Chris

Lies...Lies...and more Lies!

terry

Dr. Drew is the best and all the best know it!

Keep on rockin

pop eye

He could have been in there for either alcohol or herion. I work in a dextox facility and can tell you first hand that alcohol withdrawal is very much misunderstood by people and way under-rated and the withdrawals from alcohol will easily kill a person if you are a heavy enough drinker. Herion withdrawal won't kill you, but you will be very uncomfortable for several days. Very, very heavy, steady drinkers go thru some pretty nasty withdrawals. I've seen people who are very heavy drinkers and try to quit on there own and end up on the ICU with most of their interal organs failing as a direct result of alcohol withdrawal. It is very sad, because what a lot of these alcoholics do, is that they drink themselves into an absolute frenzy for several months, and then realizing they can't physically stop on their own, they go to a rehab clinic, many out-patient, and get a strong sedetive to ease off withdrawals while they dry out for a couple of weeks. Then they just start the cycle over and over again. Seen it a million times.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

if tyler didn't need to be in a treatment center to stay away from the drugs he would be on a beach in the sand somewhere
in the tropics,you can turn your phone off there,he got strung out and needed controls to get straight,he lied about it because all using addicts think the rest of us are beyond stupid and believe their stupid stories,get cleaned up steven and then you will see how dumb this story is and maybe you will make a press release with the truth or maybe you will just keep your mouth shut and do what you have to do like you should have done in the first place.hope your feet get better so you can 'WALK THIS WAY":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::TALK THIS WAY:0 :0 :0

Make It Right!!

Illinois Person, Steven Tyler is in Aerosmith, not the Rolling Stones.

Make It Right!!

But it is crazy talk...however, every time a famous person known to be in recovery has a slip...it makes AA, NA and all the A's look bad...so please celebrities, do your rehab in private and do your clean time in private...so that if/when you slip, you don't make the rest of us look bad!!!!

SwordsWoman

YAY, Steven!!! I just knew you would grab this thing by the ass and whoop it. I got clean and sober because of you and my life today is AWESOME. Can't wait for the new tunes. Love you bunches!!!

Marc

Steven,
Welcome back brother. Keep commin' back, it works!

Dot

As one who is recovering from her second round of surgeries on her left foot and going through the curses of the damned.....I feel for you Steven. And man if you get the dang surgeries to work, good for you. Unless you've experienced foot disorders, you have no effing idea how bad it can mess you up. The pain is unbearable and unrelenting. 24/7 agony. Yeah, you might get to the point where you need more and more meds to stand being alive.

mandelbrot

Moooooooooo!
My feet hurts. *SNORT*
*OUCH*
*SNORT*
I've done many more surgeries than this guy has ever thought to do (even counting all his facelifts to look like Jagger) and I've never been to rehab.

Mary A Schick"Lady Aerosmith"

Steven if you aare reading this Hope you get well fast we need another CD soon I miss you guys so much and I am glad to hear that you will be back as the Demon of Screamin. Keep on rockin Your still the God of Rock and Roll. Love Mary Aerosmith Schick

Anita

Who does he think he's kidding???
That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard and I'm a RN.

Anita

Footpain? OMG what an idiotic story.

Did Dr. Drew shine a light up his buttt to see if his hat is on straight?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments