Pow! Bam! It's the Guy Who Created the Batmobile!

7/1/2008 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comic book geeks -- you're gonna love this!

TMZ stumbled upon George Barris out in Hollywood last night. Barris is the guy who created the original Batmobile, as well the cars from "The Munsters," "The Green Hornet" and "The Beverly Hillbillies."

It's understandable how a Batman fan could be in awe of Mr. Barris -- though that doesn't explain why our photog told the cheesiest kids joke we've heard: "What does Batman do when he goes to the bathroom?"

Me33

What DOES Batman do when he goes to the bathroom? I don't know that joke... :o)

Joanne

I remember my husband and I seeing the Batmobile when it was on display in front of a movie theater in Huntington Beach, CA around 1994. It looked really NEAT!!!!!!!! You go, George Barris!!!!!

Hornet

TMZ Fact Error: George Barris had NOTHING to do with the Black Beauty from the Green Hornet. Dean Jeffries created and built the Black Beauty.

Twinker

Is he related to Chuck Barris of the Gong Show?

Twinker

Oh, btw, Burt Ward (Robin) was one of my first brushes with a celebrity. He came to town to an opening of a discount store and I was first in line to get his autograph. This was 1974. When he finally showed up about 45 minutes late, all I could do was bite my tongue to keep from laughing because Robin's jockey shorts were drooping through the edges of his costume. So I took all these photos with my "Green Stamp" Instamatic camera (the kind with a flash cube) of Robin's underwear malfunction/crotch area. My mom freaked out because Robin seemed to flirt with one particular male cop in front of us kids.

I could have been a pap even back then.

Benny Barnes

Ahhhh! Tell me the punch line to the joke! I have to know or I will go crazy! Ahhhhh!

d

The ride you show for Eastwood is either a gmc typhone(sp?) or cyclone. It is a very rare automobile and will likely outrun most other celebs ride even today.

cbk

George & his brother Sam were the creators of the the bat mobile not just George. In high school my FAVORITE teacher was Sam's son John Barris which is why i know this. & For those who think they can prove other wise go to barris.com.

Ingelphile

In response to a secret commentator, Dean Jeffries had nothing to do with the design and construction of the 1960's Batmobile. It was a Ford Futura given to George Barris to create in a few weeks. --By one Lee Iacocca, at that time head of Ford Motor. Barris did a great job. Thank you.

PolarSkanks

"FYI,
DEAN JEFFERIES IS A WASHED UP OLD FART WHO HAS NO MORE TO DO WITH THE CAR BUSINESS THAN GEORGE BUSH, TRUE AND CORRECT HE DID IN FACT DESIGN THE MONKEE MOBILE & THE GREEN HORNETS BLACK BEAUTY, THEY ARE GREAT CARS ONE OF A KIND ARTIST CREATIONS THAT CAN'T BE TOPPED. BUT THE REAL FACT IS THAT CAR KUSTOMIZER RICHARD DEAN ACTUALLY BUILT THESE CARS FOR JEFFERIES, HE WORKED FOR HIM AT THE TIME, AS WELL AS WORKING FOR BARRIS AT THE SAME TIME ALSO. ANOTHER FACTOID... DEAN JEFFERIES DIDN'T OWN THE MONKEE MOBILE AND NEVER DID,LIKE BARRIS OWNS THE ORIGINAL BATMOBILE. ANOTHER FACTOID THE ORIGINAL MONKEE MOBILE WAS ALSO THE SAME CAR USED AS MAJOR ROGER NELSONS RIDE IN I DREAM OF JEANIE.
NOW FOIR THE JEALOUS OLD FART JEFFERIES... HE NEEDS NOT TO FORGET WHERE HE CAME FROM. HE USED TO WORK FOR BARRIS IN THE 50's. AND HERE'S A WEIRD COINCIDENCE, WHEN THE BARRIS SHOP CAUGHT FIRE AND A LOT OF FAMOUS CUSTOM CARS WERE DESTROYED DEAN JEFFERIES WAS ACROSS THE STREET AT A DINER EATING.
HMMMMMMMMMM I WONDER IF HIS JEALOUSY STARTED WAY BACK THEN, I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING, BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK???
HE NEEDS TO LEAVE MR. GEORGE BARRIS ALONE AND HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE THE ORIGINAL PIONEERS OF THIS BUISNESS.
MR JEFFERIES MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME REPAINTING THAT SHACK YOU HAVE ON CAHUENGA BLVD,
IT LOOKS LIKE TOBACCO ROAD, AND LEAVE EVERYBODY ELSE ALONE.
THANK YOU AND GOOD DAY...
#1 BATFAN

TED ROSE

What does Batman say when he has to go to the bathroom? To the BAT-ROOM......**OUCH**