Actors Tased,

Pepper Sprayed

... 'N' Word Used

7/16/2008 9:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Wright, who were arrested this past weekend at a Shreveport, La. bar, were pepper sprayed and tased by cops. And, we're told, police went on a vulgar rant -- and portions were caught on cell phone video.

The incident occurred during a wrap party for Oliver Stone's movie "W" about the Prez. Local station KTBS reports and TMZ sources say Wright, who plays Colin Powell, was repeatedly tasered and pepper sprayed as he lay prone on his stomach in the street. We know witnesses heard the officers using extremely foul language, including the "N" word, directed at Wright.

Our sources say Brolin was observed by witnesses attempting to make peace and standing still as he was repeatedly sprayed in the eyes by cops.

The city attorney has not decided whether to file criminal charges against Brolin, Wright or the others for interfering with a police officer.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

john wayne gacy

an actor " interfering " with an
officer and causing a conflict,

is only compared to the simpson sisters writing
and PERFORMING their own music live........

Goldie

So that's J Brolin on the left?? he looks like a greasy wax figure lol

liz

Just what we need,more ignorant, redneck cops giving the decent ones bad names. Something tells me that Jeffrey Wright isn't going to go quietly into the night like some black man who has no option but to take the way he was treated.

Rebecca Litz

The City Aty. should be publically apologizing for the racisit slurs used by the Police Officer. I thought we were past this.
I guess the only way the racists will stop is if they are forced.
I am not a fan of Brolins and I dont even know who the other man is but the racist crap makes me sick.
I hope we get a Black man as the next President and then maybe it will stop.

Kat

Same here, Chris. From the same town the sheriff scene in Easy Rider took place, actually.

The movie industry has been helping the state out a lot. Sad that things like this happen and will discourage people from filming here.

Drew P. Drawers

Go get 'em Jeff! Sue the pee out of those racist jackwads...

Trixie

Mm, what I wouldn't do to taze and pepperspray the real W.

liz

Jeffrey Wright is not some "boy" who has to take this. I hope those particular cops are made to grovel.

Mik

Yes and Jesse Jackson sets a fine example!

Amanda

I've been to Shreveport numerous times and this story does not shock me at all. It's a rundown, small, southern city that gives the rest of the South a bad name. It doesn't shock me that the police force is a bit "trigger" happy, so to speak.

Very Concerned

Are most of you in the real world? Our supposedly sworn-to-uphold-the-peace officers are for the most part corrupt thugs legally allowed to carry guns, threaten, badger and harrass citizens. And the majority of them were put into this aura of power by "W" himself and allowed to continue to drink and drive via "professional courtesy", allowed to perpetrate violence via their own ocde which will never take a witness statement that might slant against them and generally avoid the law that the rest of us are required to abide by, when they are sworn to uphold said laws. A public apology by the DA is like a fart in a hurricane... why aren't more of you railing against the injustice forced on us by those sworn to "PROTECT AND SERVE" - IT'S ON THE SIDE OF THEIR POLICE VEHICLES, for God's sake.

key

Welcome to the South.

Patty

I'm confused. What did these two guys do to merit all that action from the cops? Why were they pepper sprayed and tazed? What did I miss here?

melt

"Don't Taze me "Bro"lin...! "
Heck! You can't get better publicity than this...

JaneFondaTraitor

Where's the outrage with Jesse Jackson calling Barrack Obama "n" word?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments