LC's Designs -- A Knock Off the Ol' Block?

7/25/2008 10:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It looks like LC's fashion designing career could be as fake as "The Hills"!

Sources close to the Lauren Conrad line tell us LC's claim that she's involved in every step of the design process is overstated. We're told, "You never see her picking out fabrics, or in the cutting room, or even at the drawing board. She's not the designer, the only step she's involved in is the promotion."

We're also told the clothing line mainly is fashioned by Sherri Roozrak-Wood, a former designer for Tart. And surprise! LC's clothes look an awful lot like some of the old Tart designs.

Our spies were at Kress nightclub last week, and they tell us they overheard LC tell an aspiring designer that she wished she knew how to sketch. Cuts you up!

We talked to LC about the claims made, and she tells us, "These claims are ridiculous. Anyone who knows me knows how important designing is to me and how much time and devotion I put into my own line. I am and always have been the sole designer of the Lauren Conrad Collection."

Others are actually coming to the defense of LC, including the woman who was named as the "real" designer, Sherry Roozrak-Wood. She tells us, "I am not the designer of the Lauren Conrad Collection. All of our vendors and staff can verify that all designs and decisions are made by Lauren Conrad."

Lori Berger of CosmoGirl profiled Lauren and states, "I recently spent some time with Lauren Conrad at her factory in Sylmar, California, where she designs the Lauren Conrad Collection. I did this as part of cover story I was working on for the Sept. issue of CosmoGirl magazine. My goal was to show our readers another side of Lauren's 'real' life -- as a working designer -- one they don't get to see during the filming of "The Hills." During the approximately two hours I spent with her, I watched her do a 'final fit' on her resort collection which included everything from altering sleeves, hems and necklines to making changes and adjustments to the overall silhouettes of many of the pieces in the line. Additionally, I photographed Lauren during the entire process -- from trying on each piece -- to measuring, pinning, re-sketching and considering color palettes. My experience observing Lauren as a designer, outside of her daily role on "The Hills," is not only included in my cover profile on her, it introduces the story."

missbelle

First!

JL

It's funny that the Tart dresses are named after girls and so are LC's dresses/ "designs"

Tangie

She should be glad she didn't design them, considering the line is failing so miserably!

FASHION STAR

LOL, FIRST OF ALL, MANY DESIGNERS NAME THEIR CLOTHING SUCH AS DESIGNERS ANNE FONTAINE, TRINATURK AND PLENTY OTHERS. OF COURSE SHE IS NOT GOING TO WAREHOUSES OR SOURCING FOR FABRIC....SHE HAS THE FUNDS TO MAKE A LINE HAPPEN THE MOST SHE DOES IS APPROVE CERTAIN LOOKS.

connie

Just a little fact: she was enrolled at FIDM but not in a fashion design she has a marketing major and rarely attended classes unless the Hills were filming ofcourse. It is time for this girl to get out of that fake scene and go back to OC and live her real life.
Nothing is real about her what you see, we have been saying this for a while.....

Sarah

Have you ever watched the Hills? There's been footage on there of her sketching, and she's pretty damn good at it.

FlamingoNut

Does anyone actually believe that celebs are truly involved in their designs?!?!?!?

Fan Since 2007!!!

We sure we're not talking about Paris Hilton..?

Tangie

Yeah, I've seen The Hills, and she is never working, she is talking about her personal life all the time. And she goes to fashion events and doesn't work some more.

wtf

If she is the one designing these clothes then she is completely ripping off Tart because the designs are pretty much identical.

Bubblebunny

She is so damm FAKE-only Middle Schoolers think she's kewl....

PAT

Who cares, fake or real, shes making money

martha

I have been to the location where Lauren claims to be a designer. The clothing is coming out of the same factory! All of the people who create brands are simply putting promotion to a line and calling it their own. Lauren Conrad is not the designer. The Tart designer is.

Nia

That's Lindsay's pic you dill wads. While it's evident accuracy and credibility has never been a TMZ staple...this is just plain sloppy. You people are failures in the human race, but you already knew that :)

pattie in cali

no more crapy clothes, that sells for a outrages price, find another job

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments