'Dancing'

Dumps Old Cloris

For Heartache Toni

8/8/2008 1:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For "Dancing with the Stars," heart trouble makes for a better handicap than old age.

0808_leachman_braxton_ex-1
82-year-old Oscar-winner Cloris Leachman was originally courted by "DWTS" honchos, we've learned, because they needed someone for the "disability" slot -- think Heather Mills (one leg) or Marlee Maltin (deaf). They figured her age would fit the bill -- until they got Toni Braxton, who has a heart condition, to sign on, as TMZ first told you. That's when they put Cloris' dancing shoes ... six feet under.

Launch photosBTW: We also hear "DWTS" peeps are over the moon that Jewel and rodeo dude Ty Murray -- who are both in the mix for next season -- just eloped in the Bahamas, because the whole boyfriend versus girlfriend storyline they wanted to exploit just got amped up to husband-wife. And we know how married couples can get.

And get this: The Lance Bass rumors? Half true. Yes, he''s definitely on, but no, he won't mambo with a man.

An ABC rep tells TMZ, "We don't comment on casting rumors, but the official cast will be announced on August 25th on ''Good Morning America.'"

Lucy

and if they put Kim K on it...it a gonner. I'm not gonna watch anymore!!

stanley

weren't Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin married when they were on the show?

Glisten Garbor

They need Kim K..So far the list is grim..Why can't they get Suzanne Somers???? Don't tell me ABC is still pissed about Three's Company..

KantroSAK

All I know is Paula Abdul better NOT be on this coming season or I will not watch till she is gone! She is a former professional dancer and choreographer and it's not fair to go up against others, even if this is ballroom!

CW

Jewel says on her website that she recently decided not to do a tv show after "Nashville" - wouldn't that probably be DWTS? I hope she's not on it. That show is so irritating...

Glisten Garbor

#3 They were on different seasons.

pebbles

Toni Braxton- I would think dancing is going to be worse for your body than singing...............I am not sure I want to watch a show with my kids where, god forbid, someone could possibly drop dead. Not interested at all! Or could she possibly have lied about her health to get out of her vegas contract?

Kat

How come no one wants to dance with C'litoris?

susan

cloris- is a hideous pig. she such an a**hole. she arrogant and sooo no classy. isn't she supposed to be dead and buried and in the ground already. she a fossil. glad she's not on "dancing" , i love that show and it would such to have to see her on it the first week (which is about as long as she'd last.) RETIRE ALREADY CLORIS AND STOP LOOKING FOR ATTENTION. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOU!!!!!!

pebbles

Oh no, I made a comment about a black woman, is NINA from Tmz gonna get me? you know because she sooooooooo proudly announced that TMX hired her and she is black and takes exception to beyonce not looking black.

pebbles

and.......................why did you take down the madonna posting?

jay

toni braxton is beautiful. glad to see she's well rested and her health is back on track. just because you have heart trouble doesn't mean you have to sit on the couch and get fat. its important to get cardiovascular exercise, consider this just that, IF ITS TRUE

BigMistake

Lance not with a male dancer = me not watching DWTS

Brenda

People I would like to see on DWTS, Donny Osmond, Julianna Moore, Antonia Bandaris, Tim McGraw, Melissa Hart, Susan Lucci, the black doctor from ER, Kelly Ripa, just to name a few. Get people in there that actually have personalities!

ro