'Biggest Loser' Winner

Giant Pain in the Neck

8/21/2008 11:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With a name like Matt Hoover, you'd expect that the "Biggest Loser" champ would suck at personal training. Well, if you believe a new neck-breaking lawsuit, he's an even bigger loser than you thought.

Read the docs
Clarissa Sanford claims she hired Hoover in 2006 to tone her ass up at Vision Quest Sports and Fitness in King County, Washington. She says Hoover not only was late and careless, but also, instead of spotting her, he walked away while she was bench pressing 40 pounds of weight. Sandford says by the time he returned the weight crashed down on her neck.

As a result, Sanford says she suffered "serious neck injuries which ultimately required a five-level fusion surgery from the C3 through C7 levels of her cervical spine."

She's suing Hoover and VQS for unspecified damages.

Hoover and club couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

idiotwood

ass

Passing Through

Daaaaaaamn straight sue his holier than thou ass.

dust

Only a small child or some sort of deformed person couldn't bench 40 pounds. This lawsuit it as bogus as what religions are based on.

King

40 pounds, shes looking for a quick payoff....my four year old can bench press 40 pds....................

Cartman

My grandma could bench 40lbs and she's dead.

perky

Yes, 40 lbs isn't much! However, all that aside, I remember that Matt was a bit of a tool during his 15 mins of fame. Then he married that total lamea$$ goofball girl who got 2nd place. Then I saw them a year later, and Matt was a little on the chunky side. Not surprised this woman describes this dude as "late and careless".

brazen weep

RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD

SHE should be countersued by Matt for being a retard who thought that just because he followed directions from a REAL trainer for three months that he was suddenly qualified to be a trainer himself.

samnik

40 lbs is not alot, my 5 year old can lift that. Someone must be in debt and is looking for a quick payoff. If he wasn't someone who was on tv would she be suing?

Kelly

(Matt was lame on the show -I wonder if that girl is still with him?)
I'm sure 40lbs dropped on yourneck hurts!
Everybosy sues everbody these days...

they both should get over themselves.

northern gypsy

can't bench press 40 lbs !!! don't think so...throw it out of court...fine her...for wasteing everyone's time...

SICK & TIRED OF PANSIES!!

Frickin litigious society!! Sick and tired of pansies that can't take a little adversity.... My son's failing his class, my daughter didn't make the cheer squad, I dropped weights on me... MUST BE SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT, cuz we're perfect!!! The children in this nation need to grow some balls... I never had sponge foam under my playground growing up!! And a good spanking always straightened me out....

Good grief people.... let's end the PUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA!!!!!

peacewalker

There's no way 40 lbs. could cause that kind of damage. And who the #$*k bench presses 40 lbs? A bar with no weights on the ends is 45 lbs.

northern gypsy

hey #10...sick & tired of pansies...PUSSIFICATION... luv it...can i use that sometime ?

Lance Boyle

See, I signed up at this health club and there WERE problems with Matt getting paid and him not showing up!!!

dish

This is what one gets for vanity. Stick with ass you were born with.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments