Oprah to Palin: I Can Pencil You In Later

9/5/2008 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has issued a statement to TMZ -- she won't put Sarah Palin on her show until after the election.

Here's the statement: "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

For the record, Barack Obama has been on "Oprah" twice -- in January, 2005 and again in October, 2006 -- before he announced his run for Prez.

M. Kuhlman

You showed your true colors you lost my viewership for the show and the magazine. I thought you were above politics.

Stimpygato

Blah, blah, blah, COMMIE, blah blah, LIB-TARD, blah, blah, blah, blah, coward, fat, racist, blah, blah, hate, blah, hate, blah, HATE blah blah BLAH!!!!!!

I like most of the people leaving comments just clicked thru from DRUDGE.

Okie Driller

Oprah - you are a racist, sexist, elitist c-word, athiest, maggot

stephc5

Oprah can't handle Sarah Palin and Oprah knows it. That's all there is to it.

Go Sarah Palin!

I also love the fact that Sarah beat out Hillary Clinton for the first woman in the white house even if it is for VP!! I can't stand that woman. Why is Bill with her??

chad3337

Well, that's the straw that breaks the camel's back, Oprah. We watch you daily in our household. No more; if you can't be even remotely unbiased, then not too interested any more in your views. You've used up your cred as a neutral, decided to take sides, and lost all your charm and appeal in the process.

GoMacPalin!!

Not surprising. She is as liberal as they come; this decision will come back to bite her and especially Obama. Go MaCain-Palin!! I can't wait to see the faces of Obama and his supporters when they LOSE!!

Ian Brenson

Don't you realize just how sick this country of this kind of bias? Get on board, Oprah, otherwise you'll end up making unwatched appearances with Begala and Carville.

Mike

She is a known BO supporter and that is why she is not having Palin on. two suggestions:

1). Stop watching the show
2). tell the adverstisers who support her show, you are no longer buying their products

Rafael

It's her show. She should do what she likes. That attitude, my friends, is the Republican way.

Let's hope her candidate does NOT win so that she and other Americans can continue to broadcast whatever they please, whenever they please.

Triple Play

OPrah is a very Biased person. She preaches about equality for women but when one is an opponent of a blavk person they do not have a chance. What if by some stroke of bad luck Oprah's girlfriend Gayle was running against Osama? What would she do? Oprah, I would say you can't have your cake and eat it; but it looks like you have eaten more than your share. Palin Rocks Oprah is a PHONY

Old White Dude

Who is Oprah?

P. Jeremy Stevens

Oprah joins Peggy Noonan and a host of other self-important losers who have gotten rich from idiots like us who actually serve as their "enablers" in helping them think they really are something. Buh-bye, Oprah!

Jaime

What is she afraid of? Palin making Obama look like an idiot?

freedomisnotfree

When did she ever have credibility?
Stick a fork in her shes done

Duo

Why do Sarah Pailen's supporters keep calling Oprah a racist? I was really impressed by Sarah at first but this disgusting vitriol by her supporters means I will not vote for her or the kind of divisive America she represents. Oprah is BRILLIANT, charismatic and the greatest rags to richest story ever. And Pailen's supporters call her a racist for supporting a black man. To me, Oprah would be racist if she DIDN'T support THIS black man. That black man is actually qualified as evidenced by his ability to handle tough questions, even from Bill O'reilly. Pailen is afraid to go on any news shows and her fans are begging for her to appear on entertainment shows because the know she can't discuss anything serious.