Big and Rich Singer Sued for Bloody Hotel Fight

11/12/2008 8:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The dude who got his ass kicked by the guy from Big and Rich is finally fighting back -- 'cause even with a busted nose, he can still smell a payout.
Big and Rich: Click to view!
Jerry Montano (ass-kickee) is suing the chaps off John Rich (ass-kicker) for that October beatdown in which the country singer turned Jerry's face into a swollen, gushing, bloody mess inside Rich's room at the Mondrian Hotel in L.A.

In the lawsuit, filed Monday in L.A. County Superior Court, Jerry claims that before the violence, he was warned by Rich's business manager that the star often became "extremely violent when drunk" -- but even with that warning, he decided to go back to the guy's hotel room anyway. While in the room, Jerry claims Rich became "increasingly violent and belligerent" over a girl -- and that's when all hell broke loose.

Now Jerry is suing for an undetermined amount for costs related to the "cuts, scrapes, permanent scarring, swelling, and bruising to his lips, jaw, face, teeth and nose." Montano told us last month that he wasn't going to press charges -- but Jerry didn't tell us he wasn't gonna charge for it.

al loanese

GOOD...HOPE THEY TAKE THIS HOMO TO THE CLEANERS

grnbeetle

What an idiot this Rich guy is. I'd have thought Big Kenny would be the idiot between the two of them.

richards

it would be interesting to see a toxicology report on this dude to see if he was just zooming on meth or does he have a natural chemical imbalance like Britney?

Barfalufugus

Big B#tch is more like it.

UGH

JOHN SHOULD HAVE KICKED HIS ASS HARDER THAN HE DID ! DUDE'S OUT FOR A QUICK BUCK !
GOOOOOO JOHN..I'LL BACK YOU UP !!

D

How big is this Rich guy. From the videos and such, he looks like a little guy. Hard to believe he can open a can of Whup Ass.

HAHAHA

Jerry Montano is obviously VERY happy right now with the thought of a pay day. He has not worked in so long--he needs money more than anything. I hope he doesn't even get a dime. He is very familiar with the LA court system, but he is usually the one in trouble.

JolieIsFake

Sounds like the guy's just wanting money. I think John Rich is only like 5' 8" or so. His profile says much taller but I don't think so. But I love him nevertheless....................

JohnRichFan

My momma (who is a lot shorter than me) has always told me that DYNAMITE comes in small packages!! John Rich prooved that!

ANGELA

Who the hell are these people I have no F@cking clue?

Barfalufugus

#10, Please post a larger a novel...not.

This hillbilly sucks and he needs his own a$$ beating.

And #10, SAVE the politicd for people that give a s#it.

Kyllein Faolchu' MacKellerann

He was warned not to go, he went. He could have departed before the fight started, he didn't. Does the phrase "Personal Responsibility" mean anything these days?

drea

Huh. I won't be listening to anything John Rich is near. What a loser.

TMZ hits a new low

John Rich, who the F is this guy and why is he always on my TV? Gone Country with his huge, money can't buy taste house (poor Maureen McCormick, such a head case). And then again with the same house and show. Then he's mugging for John McCain and trying to rally the right wing loons. But he's really a hot head. Finally! Something that makes sense. He looks like a tool and A-hole on this show and I hope for the love of god it's not going past two seasons. Money cannot buy class either it appears.

barry Gordy is genius

Why are two men getting physical inside a hotel room anyway?

I'm just saying...