Big and Rich Singer Sued for Bloody Hotel Fight

11/12/2008 8:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Big and Rich: Click to view!
Jerry Montano (ass-kickee) is suing the chaps off John Rich (ass-kicker) for that October beatdown in which the country singer turned Jerry's face into a swollen, gushing, bloody mess inside Rich's room at the Mondrian Hotel in L.A.

choppy

I live in Nashville, TN. I'm a struggling artist. I was playing this past Friday night at JC & I heard threw the grapevine that John Rich & his lawyer offered a $250,000 + restitution (Dr's fee's), out of court settlement to this guy. Guess what? He declined the offer. Looks like he's feeling he can get a whole bunch more in court. You gotta love it when these celebrities get loaded and do now & think later. I'm sure the settlement is just a wad of tabacci in the ole spitune for JR. I'm sorta wishin he threw me a few slaps now. Take care ya'll.

Kim

I actually like John Rich, but I think this particular situation sucks. I do think that he should have to pay the guy's medical bills, but I didn't think they would have to file a lawsuit in order to accomplish that.

bw

Bryon Wolf The dude who got his ass kicked by the guy from Big and Rich is finally fighting back -- 'cause even with a busted nose, he can still smell a payout.
Big and Rich: Click to view!
Jerry Montano (ass-kickee) is suing the chaps off John Rich (ass-kicker) for that October beatdown in which the country singer turne Bryon Wolf d Jerry's face into a swollen, gushing, bloody mess inside Rich's room at the Mondrian Hotel in L.A.

Bryon Wolf In the lawsuit, filed Monday in L.A. County Superior Court, Jerry claims that before the violence, he was warned by Rich's business manager that the star often became "extremely violent when drunk" -- but even with that warning, he decided to go back to the guy's hotel room anyway. While in the room, Jerry claims Rich became "increasingly violent and belligerent" over a girl -- and that's when all hell broke loose.

Bryon Wolf Now Jerry is suing for an undetermined amount for costs related to the "cuts, scrapes, permanent scarring, swelling, and bruising to his lips, jaw, face, teeth and nose." Montano told us last month that he wasn't going to press charges -- but Jerry didn't tell us he wasn't gonna charge for it. Bryon Wolf

arcticrose

I can't stand Big and Rich, they are the reason why I hate new country. Friggin wannabe's!!
What a hick thing to do, someone needs to tell these guys to go back on the farm

John_Rich_Girl86

I support John Rich. This Jerry Douchebag is changing his story now just so he can get a little money. He's a has-been, and will probably be a never will be again. No one has heard anything from John's side, so until I hear the side of the story from John, I will continue to support him, Love Ya, John Rich!

Patty

Sorry I still love John Rich.

CRZ4JR

JohnRichGirl86--Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Everyone thinks they know the whole story because someone opened their mouth and flapped their lips. When the story first was made public, JR hit the guy with a beer bottle. Now, it was with a glass, fist, and ring. No one has the absolute story accept for the people in the room when it happened. So, back off of John. If everyone would stop and think about it, we all have done something that we regret and want to make up for. If what Choppy said is true, then John has realized what had did and made the attempt to compensate for what happen with a monetary settlement including covering the medical bills and it was declined then the other guy is a jerk that should be re-examining his motives.

John, keep your head up and remember there is at least one person out here on your side and sending their love to you.

angel

I wonder what john's wife thinks about all this stuff about john being in LA picking up chicks? I would be pissed! Guess everyone's in it for the money, publicity and show. Not very conservative is he? Must be one of those "liberal christians"

2091 days ago