Ashlee and Pete

Jungle Fever

11/21/2008 3:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ashleepete-1And their next child shall be named Queens Baloo.

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz had their kid yesterday (well done, blah blah blah), but couldn't resist the temptation to give their new son a name that will make him either very cool or most likely deeply resentful for a long time. That is, Bronx Mowgli -– as in asphalt jungle and Jungle Book.

Everybody's healthy and happy, by the way.

donbear

What is it with these people naming their kids such retarded names? I mean, really!

childofmine

Well, another celebrity who gives their child a stupid name. I feel sorry for the little guy, Bronx is bad enough, but Mowgli? People slam Britney Spears all the time, but at least she knew how to name her kids something normal. My condolences to Bronx for his name.

Me

So that makes his initials BMW? Nice...

WTF!!

I actually like it. lol Better than Apple and stuff like that.

Garrett

As if having that little puff as a father wasn't bad enough; they go and give him a ridiculous moniker for short. The only hope is that the kid is secretly Joe Simpson's! Otherwise, we are stuck with another midget Wentz running around and stealing my sister's makeup!

Goldie B

What is the deal with these celebrities and the names that they give their kids? Poor kid.

Toune

I like the name Bronx...but can do without the Mowgli

Zoya

I cant beleive Papa Joe allowed this to happen!!! His control is slipping.... Pete W must told him to back off his woman and child!LoL

Queen of the Damned

Bronx Wentz? They'd better teach that kid how to fight now 'cause he's gonna get his *ss kicked every day at school.

Kay

They beat Angelina to an X name!

Very Sad

I think it's a great name - TMZ you need to lighten up - he has wonderful parents, a wonderful name and a great start on a very cruel world ... Much happiness to Ashlee, Pete and Bronx ...

bsb fan

#10, what about Pax???

Her first adopted kid... Ugh..

Jules

OHHHH My! That should have just named him Bronx Hit me in the face now Wentz, oh the teasing he will get. Whats up with people naming their kids after cities? Ummm this is my daughter Cucamunga, or my son Waxahachie.

JennInDC

And, #10, Knox is the name of their baby boy. C'mon now, keep up with the celeb baby boom and freaky names! Naming your kid after the Jungle Book is just so wrong and unfortunate.

mss

What's with these celebrity names.
We had Brooklyn Becham and now Bronz Wentz.
Anyone expecting triplets can name them Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.
Representing New York.