Braxton

Skipped 'DWTS' Finale

Over Cancer Scare

12/5/2008 8:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1205_toni_braxton_ex01-1Toni Braxton was noticeably absent from the finale of "Dancing with the Stars" -- and it was a brush with cancer that kept her from performing.

TMZ has learned Braxton discovered a lump in her breast before she was set to appear on "DWTS" and was told she had to have it removed immediately. Rather than have the surgery right away, Braxton chose to wait until after she was eliminated from the show. Luckily, it turned out to be benign.

Braxton was still recovering from the surgery when last month's finale rolled around, so she didn't perform.

Sara

WRONG AGAIN TMZ.... she WAS there -- she just didn't dance!!!

a.j.b.

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Toni is such a awesome talent, can't wait for her to get better and have a happy, healthy New Year!! best wishes!!

Triple Play

#2 A J B That would Heartache you idiot

medeak

good grief. Had lumpectomy... it's no big deal...went jogging the next day.

Catherine

#4, I've a lumpectomy on 3 different occasions, and I agree with you. No big deal. Outpatient surgery, on a Friday, back to work on Monday.

Barfalufugus

I HATE you, Nancy. SPAMMERS are LOSERS!

jay

Glad she's okay. I can't wait to see her on the DWTS tour and for her new cd to be released under Atlantic soon. God Bless Toni Braxton and her family. One woman so strong to endure so much.

Barfalufugus

2. THIS GIRL HAS HAD NOTHING BUT HARDACHE WITH HER HEALTH.I HOPE THAT SHE WILL GET A CLEAN BILL ON HER HEALTH AND CAN CONTINUE TO LIVE A BETTER LIFE. GOD BLESS YOU

Posted at 6:23PM on Dec 5th 2008 by a.j.b.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Try it this way (after you take off the cap locks): This girl has had nothing but heartache with her health. I hope she will get a clean bill of health so she can have a better life. God bless you.

Barfalufugus

A hardache sounds painful.

Sara

HELLO.... She WAS, I reapeat WAS, on the finale. She had a short interview - but did not perform.

SMH

To those of you who said that you were fine after your lumpectomies; you have to understand that everyone is different. I had two surgeries and I (Thank God) was fine after both. But I'm going to judge Toni for not dancing. Maybe she was told by her doctor to take it easy. Just because you were up and about after your surgery, it doesn't mean that everyone is as lucky.