"A.I." to Paula -- Muzzle It, Honey

12/11/2008 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was told in no uncertain terms before her "Letterman" appearance last night to put a lid on her feud with "A.I." producers.

Our sources say Paula is "extremely pissed" at "A.I." producers for putting Paula Goodspeed on the show, despite the fact Goodspeed had been harassing Abdul for years -- mad enough to make a stink on Dave's show.

But before tape rolled, we're told "A.I." suits got in touch with Abdul and demanded that she not stoke the coals. "A.I." made it clear -- they were paying Paula's bills so she needed to play by their rules.

Ultimately, Paula played ball, though somewhat insincerely. But it may have paid off. We've learned "A.I." has already opened negotiations with Abdul for Season 9 -- the talks have gone on for more than a month. That goes against the prevailing view that the fourth judge who debuts in the upcoming Season 8 will replace her.

Stay tuned.

Barfalufugus

Stalker aside, I wish A.I. would get rid of the pompous idiot. Paula seems to be under the impression that she is an A-list celebrity and that her own poo doesn't stink. I say dump her and hire a replacement that isn't three sheets to the wind 90% of the time.

carriss

Well if what is said here is completely true, it looks like A.I. made a HUGE mistake and realizes it, and doesn't want Paula embarrassing them anymore than they have already embarrassed themselves. She has every right to talk about what the morons in the suits did, if they want their show, and what happens on it, to be private, then maybe they shouldn't air it.... then I guess it wouldn't be much of a show huh. The world does revolve on drama, and scandal, but when someone does it's gone way past drama and scandal. It was probably sort of a traumatic experience, seeing the woman who had been stalking you for years right in front of you, then to find out a year or more later that she's dead in front of your house. It would sure creep me out.

jc

I wish they would just do away with AI...American Idiots. Stupid, stupid show.

Tangie

I don't care about this drunk/drug addicted twit. But I find A.I. putting a stalker on, that has a restraining order against her by one of the judges, to be exceptionally sadistic.

jennifer crowder

I bet she's speaking out because she knows they are not going to renew her contract and she's pissed. Sounds like a publicity stunt also. Show starts in January so why not. If this really happened then sounds like a lawsuit later down road esp if the can her. I don't know what to believe on this matter. The woman probly did stalk her but I don't know how bad etc.

Tangie

She has every right to speak out about what these (AI) cruds did!

PS.....Fry in hell, Casey Anthony!

Carla

I with they would just get rid of her and stupid Randy. I hope the other judge is more like Simon. He's the only one who tells them the truth. I do think she has a prescription drug problem, that's why she seems "drunk" sometimes. She's in LA LA Land!

whoahellwhole

good for her!

Sue

This is a sad day when you have a celebrity who is high as a kite all the time. Then you have FOX news who only cares about ratings.

Mackenzie

Paula may be a pill-popper, but AI producers are in the wrong. Keep talking, honey... keep talking and file a lawsuit. They obviously don't have your best interests in mind.

Not that American Idol is anything near what it used to be, but you think it will stay afloat with someone else? I think having 4 judges is only going to hurt the ratings this year. Miss P's craziness is 90% of the reason that anyone tunes in at all.

Producers -- continue picking on someone as defenseless as Paula and you guys just look worse and worse.

sw

Paula is a joke, they need to get rid of her

RITE ING KLAS

NO DOUBT this was a result of her MOUTHING OFF on Martha Stewart yesterday AND on the radio the day. Watching her on Martha was PAINFUL... both she and Martha were both PAINFUL!

val

I like Paula Abdul and find her right in her assumption she should have been spared any and all of this. Letterman is right, she should sue and we all should be angered that she was put in a place to be harmed repeatedly. PAULA ABDUL SUE ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HARMED YOU AND PUT YOUR LIFE AT RISK !!!

MrOshun

Paula Abdul was right in talking about her sitation and if you had anyone that was unwanted directed to your home you would be mad too...Paula, baby, SUE AI. SIMON IS AN A$$ who only is after self and money....Randy and you can work on side gigs and YES, they have cost you many endorsements and credibility.

pie

.American Idol suits need to up the contract amount for Abdul. Maybe they are between a rock, and a hard place. On the one hand, they maybe afraid of Abdul sue's them, and the other for Abdul to play ball. If the suits of AI want to play ball with Abdul, why have they not already signed Abdul to another year. - AI suits want to let Abdul go, yet, not sign her up for another year so she cannot sue them.

Abdul needs to have her cash up front, and unconditional for this year, so the suits of AI don' pull a fast on Abdul with a guarantee that she can't get fired or released from her contract in hand writing on the front of her contract with the suits of AI.

If the Suits of AI don’t want to play ball with Abdul, she needs to get her lawsuit in right now.

Abdul is going to need Tony Soprano to be her agent, and lawyer on this one.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments