DJ AM Sues Over Plane Crash

12/24/2008 3:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The other shoe has dropped. DJ AM has just filed suit in the jet crash last September that killed four people.

In the lawsuit filed this afternoon in L.A. County Superior Court, Adam Goldstein, aka DJ AM, claims as the jet reached takeoff speed the pilots became aware one or more of the tires had blown. The suit contends, "Rather than proceed to takeoff, they decided to abort and/or reject the takeoff in a negligent manner." The plane overshot the runway and burst into flames.

DJ AM is suing the estates of the two pilots, Sarah Lemmon and James Bland, both of whom were killed in the crash. He's also suing Clay Lacy Aviation, Global Exec Aviation, Inter Travel & Services Inc, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co, and Learjet.

DJ AM is suing for pain and suffering, lost earnings, property damage, past and future medical and health-related expenses, and punitive damages.

Travis Barker has already filed a similar suit.

We asked AM about the lawsuit last night, he was mum.

DJ AM: Click to view!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ex- Pilot

Yes, he's suing- it was clearly pilot error. As one who has flown jets, the hardest decision to make is sometimes to fly- take off/ deal with it later. The Pilot in Command was probably much less experienced- the Co- Pilot was a retired government pilot with many thousands of hours in the air.
You need to take-off when you reach the speed (v1) and are too fast to stop. Or that happens. End of story.
Unfortunately, you have only a second to make the decision- or you die.
Why pilots make decent salaries- usually/ ideally- the responsibility and DECISIONS.
Pilot in Command made bad decision- people die.
So they're LIABLE.

2000 days ago

Traumatized

I just want to add my two cents- DJ AM is really playing dirty here! What an idiot! Okay, so what if by chance, the pilots DID do something they "thought" would work and it resulted in the crash? That's not a lawsuit, it's a freaking chance you take when you board a plane, that your pilot will use their BEST abilities in case of an emergency! Does he think they wanted to die? It was an accident and yes I'm sure he's hurt and traumatized, but this is just stupid. Before you know it, we'll all have to sign a waiver to fly! Isn't boarding a plane on your own free-will already saying "do your best to get me to my destination?" The poor families- I send you my strength to put this idiot in his place!

1993 days ago

Essenmir

Another nonsense lawsuit which will drag through the courts for years.

Thanks for wasting valuable court time.

Kim

While I completely understand his lawsuit I do NOT agree with suing the estates of the pilots. This will cause immeasurable pain and suffering to their surviving family members. They lost their loved ones. What if they have children? Suing the estate can affect the future of the family members.

I wish DJ AM the very best and hope he doesn't suffer from recurring or lasting pain.

Love Those Teenage Girls

Just another parasite looking to get paid. It's a shame that the pilots died and these two clowns survived.

DucatiRyder

Wow... whatever happened to being grateful for being alive. I can't stand people like this. Too bad Darwin didn't do more weeding out.

Freefinger

I truly understand the lawsuit against Clay Lacy Aviation, Global Exec Aviation, Inter Travel & Services Inc, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co, and Learjet. But the Estates?

I mean those families also lost in this tragedy, to sue the companies is undestandable, but to sue dead people's relatives is plain just offensive.

fedup

i find this disgusting, i mean ya sure it could have been the pilots fault BUT they are dead, and those two idiots were the ones to survive, just be grateful for that. Now if the pilots had survived then ok then this lawsuit is fine but they did not so no point in causing even more grievance to their families.

maggot

what a punk tool...just call him Adam Goldigger...no shame bitch...he should have perished!!

Heene

I think the wrong people died in this ACCIDENT. This Goldstein guy is just living up to the stereotype.

"Waah, I survived a plane crash so I'm going to sue the family of the pilot of the plane, yeah I know I have way more money than the pilots family and that they just went through a terrible tragedy, but screw it, I need to live up to the stereotype of my people. I love money more than life."

RITE ING KLAS

#s 1-5: You are all IGNORANT. Completely IGNORANT. Learn something about life and then about the law and maybe put together an understandable statement... and then comment. UNTIL THEN, count your blessings as you are not in the shoes of those who have lost loved ones. I've only read the first five tools and signing off now. CIAO!

Heene

If this clown ever has a "concert" in my town, you know a concert where he gets up on stage and puts a needle to a record, if this talented musician ever comes to my town I will for sure by a ticket to his show. Just so I can throw something at his head. This guy needs a serious beatdown.

Clinicallyspeaking

This guy has no skill what so ever, spinning records for ego maniacs is not an advanced degree living; and we are suppose to be surprised he is sewing. His 15 minutes, did he even have that much?, is up; so what would you expect him to do? Whatever happened to classy Hollywood? What a bunch of boobs.

TheMizzz

I agree with other posters. Suing the Estates of the piloets is disgusting, on a good day, with no suits or issues whatsoever it can take up to two years for an estate to be settled.
The families of these tow pilots will never see any of the money they are entitled to and it will drag on forever.
Those poor people, he was blessed enough to survive the crash that took their lives but I guess that's not good enough is it?? They payed the ultimate price and now the families will have to pay too.
SHAME ON YOU DJ AM.
I used to think you were one of the good guys.

Kim

It ios a shame bot DJ AM and Travus Barker have more money than the families fo the pilots who also died in this crash. While i understand them suing they were involved in a tramatiic accident that caused serious injury and I can see them being compensated for that, I also find it a shame they dont realize that the families of the pilots also are suffering a great loss and by forcing them into bankruptcy or pulling their families into court to sue estates or disparage their loved ones as negligent is continuing the suffering this crash caused. A tire blew it was an accident could it have been prevented or should the pilots have taken off istead of landing did they make the wrong judgement call maybe but I hope for dj AM and Travis' benefit they never have an accident in which if they turned left instead of right or had changed that tire when they noticed it was low and they cause an accident killing themselves and someone else I hope they realize their families will be pulled into court and their estates will be sued when their famiy should be allowed to grieve and people in general should realize sometimes accidents happen and we cant always blame someone.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments