Joe Francis Gives Bad Jacuzzi

12/29/2008 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So ... you drop $6.5 mil on a home. Since Joe Francis once owned it, it's reasonable to assume the hot tub and the wine cellar are A-OK, right? Wrong.

The not-so-proud owners of the house are suing both Joe Francis and the person who sold him the house -- famed NBA coach Rudy Tomjanovich -- claiming more than $3 million in damages.

Francis is listed as the owner/builder who "substantially remodeled the Property" from 2000 to 2003. He sold it to Rudy Tomjanovich and his wife in 2004. Rudy then sold it to the plaintiff, Steven Bardack -- the guy who founded Strata Capital and also served as a head honcho at Yahoo.

Among other things, Bardack claims the Tomjanovichs defrauded him by not disclosing problems with the decks, the paint, the caulking, the walls, the travertine, the skylight, the windows, the glass -- basically, he claims the house is a disaster.

The suit alleges Francis had a duty to make sure the remodel was up to par -- but the final product was allegedly far from it.

We're guessing we know why the Jacuzzi is on the fritz ...

Joe just gave us this statement: "After I built the house, I sold it to Rudy Tomjanovich. I never spent one single night in that house and only visited a handful of times. But, I'm sorta bummed out that it might cost me $3 million and I never got to have one naked girl in that jacuzzi. Thank God for insurance."

joe m.

Why did he just notice these things after he was in the home and not during the multiple walk throughs? You would think if this guy was buying a multi-million dollar home he would have had it inspected before he agreed to purchase it.

anthonysdreamgirl**

RJ Johnson is also slamming Jay Leno - and not verbally...

Mackenzie

VioletteUK

4. That's ignorant. I'm assuming he didn't buy it without taking At Least a couple of walks through it. I mean, even us poor folks know not to buy a house (or anything) without checking it all over very carefully. On top of that stupidity, to blame Joe Francis, a man who has had nothing to do with the property in at least 5 years? Sounds to me like someone is looking for a little fast cash...

Posted at 3:37PM on Dec 29th 2008 by Mackenzie
>Too right!
Even WE know enough to hire a home inspector before we buy!
CRIPES!

over it!

He might as well sue his home appraiser he HIRED to do the inspection... LOSER!

LRM216

What is it with the wealthy - the more money they have the smaller the brain? Geez, I purchased my home 17 years ago and had a mortgage that probably is what two of their monthly payments amount to and even I knew to have the house totally inspected by a licensed home inspector. In fact, most mortgage company's wont' even issue a mortgage without an inspection. Was there inspector deaf, dumb and blind all at one time or what?

LRM216

Oops! I meant "their" and not "there".

Charliesmom

That much money and it's that close to the street?

HOLY CROCODILE

6.5 mil to buy it and 3 mil worth of damage. Sounds like 1/2 the house demolished and no one noticed.Soumd "fishy" to me and it's not "The Girls Gone Wild" I smell

Zoya

Deosnt matter how much money you have.... Always have a home inspected by a qualified person....This includes new and older homes..... Not familiar with real estate contracts in that state but in my state you have something called a disclosure where the seller discloses everything they know abt the house et: problems utilitiy companies ect ect... Hard to prove they didnt or did disclose anything if the seller didnt fill one of those out. Because the seller can always say I told him abt that... And if the Seller had a good realtor they would of checked the little box in the contract saying they were selling the property as is with no guarentees in which case the buyer is screwed.. But since Joe didnt sell it to these people and didnt play a party in this contract he has no liability

Triple Play

TMZ Please block all posts by Lame A$$ R J Johnson. He posts the same Jay Leno crap every dy. The only time he isn't posting is when he changes his mother's diapers and gives her a bath.
If his smack was good or just funny, that would be tolerable, but to keep up the fantasy affair with Jay Leno is just a bore

the ronster

Yeah, but, What color is the paint???

WHAT A BONEHEAD!!! there is no case. His responsability to insect the property by a licensed ... blah blah blah. You see where i'm going with this.

2061 days ago

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

wouldn't want to know what's clogging the drains...ew.

Roger Moore

What kind of an imbecile doesn't have an inspector go thru a house prior to purchase? Oh yea, an imbecile that tanked Yahoo stock and shut down the message boards.

pam

Guess people in California don't believe in inspections before closing the deal. We here in the midwest wouldn't be stupid enough to not have an inspection done before the closing.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments