Heather Locklear

Dodges DUI Bullet

1/2/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0102_heather_locklear_ex_mug-1Heather Locklear just got her driving under the influence case dismissed, and she's pled to a much lesser offense.

Heather pled no contest to reckless driving, a misdemeanor. She'll be placed on three years informal probation, pay a $700 fine, and she must attend a 12-hour drug education course.

Heather was arrested last September after she was allegedly driving under the influence of prescription meds. The D.A. says Locklear's blood tests showed prescription drugs were indeed in her system. No alcohol was involved.

Score one more for the unbeatable Blair Berk, who seems to work mini-miracles for some of these celebs who cross the legal line. Berk was in Santa Barbara court this AM for the plea. Locklear was not there.

Bex

Celebrity justice...it's such BS...

Spellmaster

I like the lady, but without the $ and fame, she'd be in a lot more trouble.

2% MILK

AND TELL WERE IT SAYS U CAN NOT DRIVE UNDER PREC. DRUGS, THEY ARE ONLY FEW STATES THAT SAY U CANT, NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT , WAS NOT EVEN DRIVING FAST

Chucky

That sucks....She had evidence clearly against her and she walks. For me, or us "normal" people we would have our license suspended for 1 year, have to complete at least 1 year of a program, pay a $1,700 fine and attend AA.

Oh hail the mighty celeb's.......BS

Bex

FLAT---I don't know of any state that allows you to drive under the influence of drugs, (except of course, California celebrities) Drugs are drugs, prescription or not, idiot.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Idiot "yep", some of those prescription drugs that are "drugs" people have to take daily. Like xanax and pain meds. So, no drugs are not drugs. And people have to drive on them. So, some people DO drive on their "drugs" all the time. So , you are the one who is an idiot!

kingsmess

Prescription bottles tell you if you can drive or not!!! And besides she was probably taking them to get high!!! Believe me I know..it happened to me!!! They check the amounts in your blood. If it is higher than it should be...you are busted!!! She is sooooo lucky!!! You people that say there is nothing wrong with it are soooo clueless!!! Taking too much of some prescriptions is the same as drinking only you don't get a hangover!!!!

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

I didn't say there isn't anything wrong with HEr doing it, I said some people have to take the same pills that make others "high" daily.

2% MILK

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE IS A DRUG AND NEED A SCRIPT FOR THAT, AND MANY OTHOR ITEMS VIA A PHARMACY ARE SOME FORM OF DRUGS. SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS U CAN NOT DRIVE ON ANY LEGAL MEDICINE, YOU CAN GET AT A PHARMACY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL DRUGS. SO IF SOME ONE HAS INSULIN PUMP THEY CAN NOT DRIVE, INSULIN IS DRUG. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT KINDS OF DRUGS THEY WERE.
ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE WANT TO RAG ON PEOPLE NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE. ATTEND AA, SHE WAS NOT DRINKING AT THE TIME, NOR DOES IT SAY THAT . PEOPLE TAKE PERS. MEDS ALL THE TIME, BASED ON YOUR STATEMENT YOU CAN NOT DRIVE EITHER. THIS WOULD PRECLUDE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE BASED ON THE FACT THEY TAKE THEM. ALSO MANY STATES REQUIRE PEOPLE TO TAKE DRIVING TEST TO SEE IF YOU CAN DRIVE ON THE MEDS. YOU TAKE, SO YOU ARE FLAT OUT WRONG, ON MANY ASPECTS OF THAT BLANKET STATEMENT. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS CAN CAUSE PEOPLE TO GET DROWSY SO THEY CAN NOT DRIVE. PEOPLE SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION THEY TAKE FORM OF DRUG TO HELP THEM SO THEY CAN DRIVE EITHER.

GET A CLUE

Bex

We are talking about drugs that impair driving, not high blood pressure. Some of you just have to be so stupid. And Miss Fashionista, some pain pills get you high. If you were driving with too many in your system, you would get an impaired driving charge. And Xanax makes you sleepy. Speaking of, you better take yours, silly girl. Quit making exuses for people making bad decisions.

hmmm..

Not fair. I wonder if she will be able to drive sooner than the year suspension it would be for normal people. BTW, her hair looks really scraggly and her fishlips ruined her cute smile.

Clauda

The United States justice systems gives another punishment discount to a woman. This is not news.

Miki

This is not a "much lesser charge." I'm a DUI attorney in Washington. 1st offense DUI's are FREQUENTLY reduced to reckless or negligent driving. Given her lack of record and that no alcohol was involved, it is entirely unsurprising that the charge was reduced.

Bex

FashionistaGA, Your statement is utterly ridiculous! Like I want to be on the road with people taking Xanax! It is a tranquilizer, IDIOT! I also have a friend who takes Oxycontin, (pain killer) and she is definitely high! Just because a doctor gives it to you doesn't mean you should be driving! I don't know what Locklear was taking, but witnesses say she was all over the road and incoherent. People like you who don't understand the law are dangerous. Stay the eff off of my roads, please!

marie

Most of you people are mean spirited, judgmental and ignorant. (And those of you who are commenting about her appearance...heh...take a look in the mirror. I bet you are less attractive when put together than she is when falling apart.)

My understanding is that she had a negative reaction to medications used to treat depression. I am a psychiatric nurse and have seen this before. With the wrong underlying biochemistry, ssri drugs can induce mania or hypomania. As these symptoms are transient, the way this is generally dealt with by the court system is with tolerance and mercy. I live in the deep south and even in a "law and order" state, have seen the court system treat such individuals almost universally with leniency...whether they were male or female, whether they had good lawyers or bad, whether they were celebrities or not.

That's the truth of it. But something tells me that most of you are petty people who prefer to judge what you don't understand. To me, it makes you look like losers...but that's just me.

Carry on!