Hargitay's Lung

Collapses Again

1/12/2009 8:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Mariska Hargitay's suffered a partially collapsed lung over the Xmas holiday and it collapsed again today.

Her rep only would confirm that a partially collapsed lung has sidelined the actress.

We're told she has been readmitted to the hospital but will not miss any episodes. We do not know her condition.

Hargitay was sledding in the Hamptons around New Year's Eve but we're now told the cause of the lung problem is unknown.

Story developing...

Shannen

OMG u people bashing mariska need to suck it! Mariska is a beautiful, talented, generous, AMAZING woman and it is so horrible that this happened to her! I seriously am almost crying right now. Mariska Hargitay means so much to me and her hurting like this kills me. GET WELL SOON MARISKA!

2025 days ago

lisa lisa

Our whole dorm loves Mariska Hargitay. We watch SVU religiously every Tuesday night. We are going to say a group prayer every night for the next seven nights for Mariska. Get well soon! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Bon Bon and Dorm #311

2025 days ago

goodytwohundredshoes

I am sorry for her/his condition. I just don't have a clue who this person is. Is she/he famous or something? Why is this a story? For the life of me, I don't know this person's name.

2025 days ago

Cristina

To TMZ, this in the only site claiming her lung collapsed again, please get to the bottom of it, it's freaky to hear of her condition. Mariska get better.

2025 days ago

sallywho

To Mariska XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO

Lots of people care about you, get well soon.

2025 days ago

Shona

Pleae keep us informed. I love this actress! She seems so geniuine even though where she comes from. And I love the show! Best wishes out to her and her husband and little boy

2024 days ago

angel wise

Dear Mariska,

Everyone is wishing and hoping for the speediest complete recovery, as we are all with you helping to give you the health and strength to be well soon. My wishes for you are only the greatest filled with only much heartfelt love. Know that you are in our hearts and minds as you are travelling your road to recovery. Our thoughts and prayers will continue for you for as long as you wish.

We are happy to hear that you will not be absent from this season of SVU, as the show would be nothing without you. I look forward everyday to watch the current and the revolving past episodes. I do enjoy and watch them over and over.

I have noticed a very unusual necklace in all the episodes. It is a small box shaped gold necklace. Is there some special or particular meaning to this piece of jewelry? Is there a special reason you wear it in every show? I don't recall if I've ever seen it at the "red carpet" events. I have noticed even in more recent shows where a second necklace is worn.

The very best of luck and love. May GOD Bless You and Keep You, 4Ever and 4Always in His tender loving care as He does all His Angels.

angelwise

2024 days ago

angel wise

Wishin, hopin and prayin for you to have a very speedy recovery. LOVE you so much and wouldn't miss your show for athing. You are the show and it is such a joy to watch every week, I always look forward to it as well as all the reruns on TNT and USA and BRAVO. It drives my husband almost crazy, but he puts up with me, he's such a sweety.

You shall be in our hearts and prayers for you to get well soon. Know that your fans are out here also wishing a very speedy recovery. With a new little one, it brings on those feelin's of the lack of not bein able to take care of everyone like a good little mommy. Don't take on those feelin's and just let those in the know, take care of you first, then as you are well enough to take it one yourself.

May GOD bless, GOD speed and GOD keep you 4Ever and 4Always in His tender lovin' care.

angelwise

2024 days ago

JEM

Mariska, This household watches every show , even the second time around. We love everything about you. Our family members -father and son, years apart- have had a collapsed lung. Most recent required surgery, and was on his honeymoon, 2nd marriage, long engagement. A woman as perfect as you, Mariska. Heres to the future, and your good works. We love you.

2024 days ago

Canajun,Eh!

Ouchie! I've had a collapsed lung, and it is really painful, so for those mean people who say who cares, it's actually very serious and can kill you. My friend's lung collapsed for no reason while he was jogging one day, too, with no explanation why it happened or if it will happen again. Mine was punctured during pacemaker surgery, but it can just happen to some people.

I hope she gets better soon. And for the poster that said "I hope you don't end up like your mother", I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure a lung collapsing doesn't lead to decapitation!

2024 days ago

Nice Breathe

I wish her and her lungs a speedy recovery

2024 days ago

Mac Daddy

She can have one of my lungs. I'm getting older and guess I could spare one just for her. She's a nice lady and a GREAT actress

Mac Daddy-Retired Cop South Carolina

2024 days ago

K

She looks like a man.....I'm thinking she's transgender.

2024 days ago

K

Shannen...I think it's time for you to see your therapists. What the hell are you crying about. My God child.

2024 days ago

janie

Mariska, you are an angel, inside and out. We LOVE you so much, and praying for your speedy recovery!

2024 days ago