Travolta Allegedly Extorted Over Jett Pics

1/22/2009 12:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It looks like there may be something to the story that John Travolta is the victim of an alleged extortion attempt.

The story goes ... Travolta was contacted by several people who claim they had pictures of Jett Travolta as he was dying and that they would sell the pics to the highest bidder unless Travolta anted up first.

A Bahamian official told us Travolta's lawyers have contacted the government complaining of the alleged plot.

An investigation is ongoing.

h20

The scheme will never work if the media shows some morals and refuses to publish them. Anyone who would buy something like that is too low for fleas. Ship the "photographers" off to Iraq or Gaza if they want to sell pictures of the dead and dying. What they are trying to do is sick and wrong.

2043 days ago

Canadian Diva

As much as the death of this young man is tragic, I cannot help but wonder about the Travlolta family themselves. The only people that were on site when Jett died were the family and his caretakers. I doubt anyone employed by the Travolta's would dare to jeopardize their jobs for some National Enquirer money. It sounds like a publicity stunt, by the Travolta's to deflect the facts of his real reasons of his death. If we see them as more than just grieving parents, actual victims of this "extortionist" they are then viewed in a much more positive light. They do not want to answer the questions about Jett's mental condition due to their cult, Scientology. Their church is not doubt spreading these rumours to take the heat off of them. Just my opinion. I doubt we have heard the last of this, and Scientology.

2043 days ago

ME

THERE'S ALWAYS SOME SICK BASTARD OUT THERE. LEAVE THIS FAMILY ALONE - THEY HAVE BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH ALREADY. HOPE THEY GO TO PRISON AND THEN TO HELL.

2043 days ago

Brianna from Australia

I was actually going to say that perhaps the reason that the person is doing this is because the photos may show the real reasons as to why poor Jett was dying. But I see that someone else already thought of that. Anyway, I think that this possibility should not be dismissed because it is quite a valid reason. I would not be surprised if these photos show proof to us to that Jett did have a head wound, with blood, etc, etc. I personally do not want to see any photos of Jett dying or dead, but if they are credible photos and show that the coroner was lying, then I think that they should be published or at least shown to the U.S. govt.

2043 days ago

Ambergerrr

that is sooo not right ,thats b.s.,thats his son, wtf is wrong with these people.

2043 days ago

A Bahamian

These BASTARDS are a DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY AND TO EVERY SINGLE BAHAMIAN!

2041 days ago

AnnB

This is in response to all the posts which comment negatively about Scientology... including the post which speculates Jett did not have a chance, being born into the Travolta family, who kept him hidden and they were ashamed of the boy! It seems to me from what I have read and photos I have seen, nothing could be further than the truth! Jett's parents quite obviously loved him very much. It does seem from pictures in the press, that the boy had some "neurological problems" such as might happen with autism. In many pictures of the family, Mr Travolta gazes as his son lovingly and with obvious esteem and affection. I agree that Scientology is cult-like and even "weird". But their religion likely had no part in this kid's death, apart PERHAPS, that he was taken off anti siezure medication. Maybe that decision was inspired by Scientology ?? That being so, it would be a tragic mistake and one the Travolta family will live to regret the rest of their lives. Let us leave them alone to lick their wounds and grieve, like the rest of us would want to do in their position.

2039 days ago