Barker/AM Jet Owner Blames "Defective" Runway

1/30/2009 12:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The legal blame game in the Travis Barker/DJ AM crash continues, with the owner and operator of the plane suing the the airport and the tire company and the company that designed the jet for more than $12 million.
Travis Barker
In court papers filed in South Carolina, Inter Travel & Services (the owner) and Global Exec Aviation (the operator) have placed blame on the "defective" jet and the "defective" runway at Columbia Metro Airport -- claiming those were the two main reasons the jet plowed nose-first into a raised embankment.

Barker's assistant and bodyguard were killed in the incident, and Travis and AM were critically injured. Goodyear Tire also was named as a defendant in the Federal suit.

Barker already has sued Learjet and Goodyear. AM has filed against the same defendants, in addition to Inter Travel and Global. The estates of the plane's co-pilots also have been sued.

The NTSB has yet to issue its judgment on what caused the crash.

Bex

These 2 are worthless. The pilots were high or drunk. They are gone. Leave it alone, you have enough money.

2037 days ago

SAM

The pilots fuct up, sucks for everyone who got hurt or died.

2037 days ago

SAM

Shanna Moakler probably casted a spell on the plane. lol So she could get Travis' money$$$$$$$$$$$$

2037 days ago

Ger

Jerks! They're even sued the co-pilot's estatses? How pathetic and with what justification? Do they believe they committed suicide & they were the unfortunate passengers selected to join them in death?!? I cannot STAND people like this. Let's hope the judge sees right through this crap and calls this WHAT IT IS........ an ACCIDENT.

2037 days ago

alli

I think they should just sue God for putting a hill there. That will bring justice to all, right?

What about a good ol' fashioned, I am thankful to be alive, huh?! Lawsuits are out of hand fo sheezy!

2037 days ago

steve

why are these idiots suing the airport there was nothing wrong with the airport and runway when plains takeoff and land there all the time

2037 days ago

gossip fan

I am someone who has been severely burned in the past. It is the most painful thing that someone can't imagine. I'm glad Travis got to go to the Grossman burn center as they are awsome. That's where I was for 17 days, in the 80's and they do wonderful work, more now than then as they have new treatments I'm sure. Dr. Grossman (the father and founder) was one of my doctors and is wonderful. I still have scars but fully functional hands and all of my fingers thanks to the people who worked there at that time. I don't blame them a bit for suing anyone they do, they are entitled to it. Anyone in their shoes would do the same. People sue for a lot less than being severely burned. Glad they both recovered and hope they are doing well. Skin grafts and pressure garments are no fun that's for sure. It's been 20 years for me and I have a daily reminder of those times whenever I look at my hands.

2037 days ago

ceridwen

Losers! And dj boring wasn't critically injured

2037 days ago

SAM

Faulty pilots, they killed everybody.

2036 days ago

Justin

Coming soon...DJ AM and Travis Barker sue GOD in Feb. for causing the crash, and for wrongful death. What a bunch of losers :(

2036 days ago

MG

Come on - these guys have health insurance. Let the insurance companies go after the other parties for reimbursement.

As far as pain and suffering. Do you know how many people have died in crashes?

In the patomic crash - each were offerred $5K. Not bad for getting a bit wet.

JMHO

2034 days ago

Grant

This is absolutely ridiculous......Equipment usually doesnt fail....it is generally the person maintaining/operating the plane that is at fault. the plane was most likely not being maintained....also blaming the tires? there has not been any other crashes or malfunctions due to the tires recently...in mass production dont you think that if there was one bad tire that then there would most likely be alot of others with defects? Also...travis and dj am were probably in a rush.. The pilots and maint. most likely did not do a complete cross check which would have found the error............

2034 days ago

DJ Am

They should have died. Everyone would be better off.

2028 days ago