Appetite for Self-Destruction -- Adler Busted Again

2/1/2009 5:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven AdlerWe've learned Steven Adler -- former drummer for Guns 'N Roses -- has been busted (again) on a drug charge.

Cops tell us Adler was arrested on Jan. 26th and charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance -- a misdemeanor. We don't know the exact substance.

We're told Steven was released the same day at 10:50 AM on $50,527 bail (weirdest amount we ever done seen). No court date has been set.

Adler was busted last July for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and for an outstanding warrant -- and was ordered by the court to stay at the Pasadena Recovery Center.

UPDATE: 6:22 PM ET Steven's people say he was arrested because he hadn't finished his community service in the time frame given by the judge. They say Adler went to register as a drug offender -- also court ordered -- on the 26th, when cops acted on the arrest warrant stemming from the unfinished community service. He was charged with "being under the influence of a controlled substance" because that was the original charge from his July arrest.

Steven's people want to make it clear he was not under the influence of drugs.

brunswick

This seems all so contrived. What's seems even more curious is that "Steven's People" is David Weintraub, who happens to be the boyfriend of Mary Carey and Seth. It also seems that David Weintraub was charged with DUI recently. David Weintraub is, apparently, the manager of the girl who did the show, "Jo and Slade: Date my Ex". There seems to be a lot of 'sleeping around' in the sense that these people are feeding off each other, which translates that these people's lives will never change for the better. They will continue to fight their demons as long as they remain in contact with the people and in the environment that triggers their addictions. It seems mute to wish them luck.

Just a Bill

what a piss ant! had the whole world in his hands and threw it away. GnR blows!

sunshine

So sad. To think he accomplished so much- growing up such a tough life and eventually making it as a drummer for one of the greatest rock bands ever- my gosh- drugs do detroy. I just pray that he can get it together . Heartbreaking. I've lost two sisters to drugs in the last 3 years............................it is a violent disease and horribly painful to watch those trying to battle it. So few survive- that is the reality.

sunshine

Caligirl- I apologize for using the word "disease"- I too agree with you that "disease" is not the appropriate term- Out of habit of hearing it called a disease- I used it- sorry. But let me stress how much I agree with you- I think the word "disease" gives people an excuse- the fact is- somewhere down the road of life they chose to medicate rather than deal with things - that is not a disease.

janazombie

addiction is a DISEASE folks would you term a cancer victim a LOSER as well
get informed

hoochie mama

You first have to wonder if he was doing it for publicity, but after seeing the last episode, i think this guys' really fu**ed..up.
He seems to be the type that doesn't want help, like that doofus from Taxi...
I think they need to let this dude go and let someone else in the house, who REALLY WANTS help !!!

just my opinion

daveedt

BretMichaelsIsAHasbeen

What a waste of human life. Pity his wife

Rocket Queen

Hey # 41 Steven does have 'people' because he has a band that does (did) tour, Adler's Appetite or something like that. It amazes me how well he came back from his stroke and is able to still play drums very well. I do think his 'people' are part of his problem though because his manager was just arrested for DUI or something like that (it was on here). His name is David Weintraub or something like that and he manages some of the other celebs on Sober House. Sad, cuz I think that manager is a slime ball and should be run out on a rail! That's my 2 cents...Good luck Steven people are pulling for ya!

Dakoola

$50,527?? What? Did get an extended warranty or something?

Browneyedgirl

Someone throw his ass in jail for a year or so, and save his life.

* WHiSKY GiRL *

i watch the Sober House Esp where he got arrasted that was crazy how he was actiing on t.v... He couldnt even stand up straight it was scarey seeing him like that.. I REALLY HOPE HE GETS THE HELP HE NEEDS TO GET AND GET BETTER STEVEN YOU ARE IN EVERBODY PRAYERS :)

Zonny VanRant

Pepsi, no Coke Stroke

connie

LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!! STEVEN IS CLEARLY WASTING HIS AND BEFORE HE KNOWS IT IT WILL BE OVER FOR HIM. WHAT A WASTE...

lovetrueblood

Good for you TMZ for clarifying the charge. I'm rooting for Steven and all the folks from Celebrity Rehab. Alchohol/drug addiction is a vicious disease and I commend Steven for pursuing the recovery path.

Ashlea

His bond was probably that strange because of state fees on crimes. California's state fee on misdemeanor charges is probably $27. His bond would be $50,500, but you have to add the state fee. Most states charge fees on bonds for all warrants that are issued through a Court.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments