Gary Collins Was Arrested While Driving a WHAT?

2/2/2009 6:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gary CollinsIt's not everyday a celebrity gets busted for DUI without ever leaving his home ... but Gary Collins found a way.

According to the police report, the former talk show host was pulled over on Saturday night for "erratically" driving a "motor-home."

As we first reported, Collins received a blood alcohol test and was sent to the Santa Barbara County Jail.

He was released on $25,000 bail -- but not before showin' off his pearly whites for the cop cam.

SMF

Let's hope this time they put him in jail longer than four days. He obviously didn't learn his lesson.

Jess

Gary Collins needs to cool his heels in jail for a year or two.
Gary killed a guy last time. This is his third DUI.
If he was joe blow he would get 5 to 10 years.
NO JUSTICE IN CALIFORNIA FOR THE RICH !

jen

I saw hin at the Super Bowl yesterday-he slapped an old woman when she cut in front of him trying to buy a hotdog.

Q

how nice, he's smiling---like its all a big joke. Ok Gar, keep smiling bro---soon you'll be in County Jail---given your popularity and stupidity, you will be prime meat in there---prepare to give it up and/or pay for protection (extortion). Costly drink wasnt it?

I had no idea your wife was as stupid as she is

Party 'till you die!

A MOTORHOME? Sure, just pick the deadliest, heaviest weapon driven by the general public and drive it drunk!!! He hasn't learned his lesson. He doesn't care about the lives of others, so his life should be removed to a place of incarceration where he cannot be a menace any more! SCREW HIM!!!!

99centz

he is a superstar & they can do what ever they like!how dare you think this great man should be in the poky?

Jennifer Bouldack

This man is not to be believed. The last time he did this, someone died. Does he not get that? SOMEONE DIED. He HAS KILLED SOMEONE. Why is he still driving?

And, most of all, WHY IS HE SMILING?

What a jerk.

Me

Ah, the intelligence of some TMZ readers:

1. He was arrested three times, but not found guilty of the first DUI. Therefore, there are two DUIs.
2. He did not kill someone. That person made an illegal turn, I believe. He did not die at the scene. He later died. Gary Collins was not tried for manslaughter because, though drunk, he did not kill the guy.

I'm not sticking up for the guy at all. I hope he gets the book thrown at him, and he clearly has an alcohol problem. But can some of you please start learning how to analyze information before spouting your drivel?

unemployeed but hopeful

I just don't understand people who can AFFORD to hire help, affordable help, why they don't! Hire a driver, give a deserving person a job. It all starts with you.

June Pollard

Gary Collins always seemed like one of the good guys; I am so surprised by this. Is he
still with his wife, the former Miss America--is it MaryAnn Mobley? He seems to be despondent
over something, but, until he is treated more harshly, he will continue to smile through this very
serious matter. What a shame!

June Pollard

k

I think this guy looks over 80 years old but who knows his age he could be 79. He looks old and drunk, what a dummy. One of our older Hollywood actors and he is acting like this? No wonder there are so many people who are just trying to forget about reality. Sheesh TYYM TMZ you report the news to us, those who want to know. Excellent Job!

99centz

listen, I drink a 12 pack each & every day & I drive all over LA & if you just go with the flow & drive offencely....you will never b caught! I stay in my zone & sure, Ive caused several accident'z,but Ive never been caught!!! Damm,Im out of OE,the tiger beer 7.5 % alcohol so now I have to drive to the liqour store & then to my dealer'z & I wont b caught!!!

Tia

Lock him up

Ms. X

Let's see if the next Judge will be just as stupid as the last. LOCK THIS BASTARD UP before he kills one of us.

namers

I don't think he's smiling to be indignant; he's smiling because he know how horrific those celebrity mug shots turn out.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments